Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 6

Six

    I humphed where I was draped over a shoulder. Rod thought it would be fun to call Stark and Stan to get me out of my room. A room I’d stayed in for the past two days trying to figure out what was still eating at me. Rod and Franklin tried to get me out of my room, hence the buff twosome.

    Stark just came into my room, smiled, and threw me over his shoulder. His brother grabbing my surfboard and my bag with all my surfing stuff. Stan grinning just as brood as he followed behind with my board under his arm and my bag over his shoulder. I know he had stuffed my towel in my bag before he left my room.

    Stark didn’t put me down till we were on the twin’s boat. He set me down on the upholstered back seat before he sat down next to me. His brother shaking his head as he set my board down. My brother and Franklin hopping on too.

    “It’s so not far you grabbed her first.” Stan went to the driver’s seat and started the boat.

    Stark just grinned at me. “Not my fault you were too slow.” He winked at me. “You’ll have to be faster than that to steal such a beauty away from me.”

    I blushed as he pulled me to him as his brother maneuvered us away from the dock and out into the open waters. Stark made sure I stayed nice and warm from the cool breeze that came off the water and the strong winds as we sped off to somewhere.

    “Did you like getting stolen away?”

    I looked to Stark and bit my lip. “Guess my guys didn’t like me staying in my room.”

    He raised an eyebrow. “I have to say that I’m curious why you’d not want to enjoy yourself. You’re in Hawaii in a beautiful villa that most wish to stay in. What could have you staying in your room for two days straight from what they tell us?”

    Looking down, I shrugged. “A few months ago I broke up with my first ever boyfriend. I just can’t get over it and I don’t know why.”

    He lifted my chin. “Sorry to hear that. You were really hooked on the guy, weren’t you?” I nodded. “So who was he?”

    I looked to my brother who was talking with Stan as he drove before I looked back to Stark. “He’s actually the one who got us here and is paying for everything.”

    Stark sat back. “Whoa whoa whoa. You’re talking about Marek Knightly? You were his girlfriend. What did he do to lose you?”

    Sighing, I looked out to the water that was so gorgeous. “It wasn’t his fault really. He was bewitched by a fellow student to make him believe that she was me. To him, she was. He treated her exactly like he did me.” A deep breathe. “Her actions nearly killed me because my soul shattered because of a potion that I was forced to take the year before.”

    “Now I understand, but you can’t deny yourself fun. He’s wanting you to have fun or he wouldn’t have brought you to Hawaii or had me and my brother give your mother and you massages.”

    I giggled. “She wasn’t my mother. Just a wonderful woman who took me in when my family was being...”

    “You can say it Hope. Bastards.” Rod shrugged. “We were and there’s nothing wrong with speaking the truth.”

    I frowned at him. “But you’re not now.”

    He raised his finger. “I’m not, they still are.”

    Stark looked at my brother. “So do you surf?”

    Rod shook his head. “Nah. Hope promised to teach me though.” He smiled at me. “You up to it today?”