Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 18

Eighteen

"Soo... How was thanksgiving?" Danielle looked like she was about to pee herself if I didn't spill.

But I shrugged. "Nothing really to tell. My brother and I left my Aunt's place before dinner was served. Instead we ate with the Forgions. Nothing to speak of."

She gasped. "Nothing to speak of? What the hell happened that made you both left your family on thanksgiving before eating? And you have to spill."

I shrugged again. "My mother."

She waited and when I didn't continue, she groaned. "Oh come on. Details. I need to know everything that happened. Every word said. All of it!"

Franklin pouted. "Danielle, she just got back after dealing with her family and can't you give her a day to relax being back." He pulled something out and placed it in front of me on my bed. I smiled at the small package and he shrugged. "My parents send their love."

Opening the gift, I laughed. "I see your mom made something sweet." Nestled in the box was a small personal apple and rhubarb pie. Franklins mother knew how much I loved this pie when I helped her make it once.

I shook my head. "But she sent me one of these the day after thanksgiving."

He grinned as he flopped down on the foot of the bed. "My dad actually sent the first one to you. He just loved any excuse using his elements outside of work." He chuckled with the memory.

I looked at all our friends that were sitting everywhere all around my room. Franklin and I had just returned about an hour ago. We both had been surprised that we were on the same flight back to the school. He didn't even ask me about what happened with my family. No doubt my big brother had already ranted to him about it that night in his room. I had heard Rod shouting at someone as we were next door to each other.

Shawn turned when my eyes landed on him. He smiled as he got up from the floor and came over to sit on the side of my bed next to me. Franklin watching every step Shawn was making around me. "If you want, I'll tell all about my family's thanksgiving."

I smiled at him. "You confident enough to speak first?"

He chuckled as he slipped his hand in mine. With you as my ground, I can do anything."

Franklin knocked Shawn's feet off the side of the bed. "Just stat and stop making gooey eyes at Hope. Remember what you had promised me the last time you tried to kiss her."

Danielle gasped and I groaned. "He really tried that?" I hadn't told her for this very reason. She loves to hear anything and everything that goes on inside our lives. Though when she got up and smacked Shawn against his shoulder, I was a bit happy. "Let go of her hand right now."

Shawn pouted as he did. "I wasn't hurting her."

I giggled as Danielle crossed her arms as Zera took a stance beside her, mirroring her. They were my girlfriends and were great friends. Shawn whimpered with his bottom lip pouting out. Zera smiled as she pulled him off the bed.

"You can tell me all about your holiday." She sat him down on my desk chair and then she delicately sat on his lap. "And maybe you could focus on me instead of Hope. She's amazing and all, but I'd like some of your time too."

Shawn went scarlet. "But you have your counterpart and could be with him."

And she looped her arms around his neck. "And he's not my boyfriend, just my counterpart. There is a difference you know."

He swallowed hard. "I-I d-don't know." His blush went even darker. "I don't feel so comfortable like this." I looked down at his hands and they were clenching the arm rests of the chair as he tried to not touch the seducing girl on his lap.