Ch.17: Salt Shakers

A/N

Hi guys! There are only three chapters left of this story! This adventure will be the Doctor and Alice's last. I'm beginning to write them now! I hope you enjoy this story! Please comment and tell me if you do! And if you want to join the Doctor Who/ Sherlock fanfiction contest there are still 7 spots left! Please join by the end of this month I am running out of time! Love you all!

~o0o~

I sat back in my chair, enjoying the sun on my face. I took a sip of my fruit drink, digging my hands into the warm sand.

"Finally, somewhere that I won't have to constantly be worrying about dying!"

I looked out at the ocean shimmering in the sun out in the distance, soft curling waves lapping at the sand. Although the water looked calm, there was no way I was going in it after what had happened. I didn't think I would be able to ever be able to swim in a large amount of water again. The Doctor had agreed to bring me to Florida for a week to make up for everything. I was spending the last moments in Florida here, admiring the water. I reluctantly made my way across the burning sand and into the TARDIS, closing the door behind me.

"Ready?" Doctor said cheerily. Surprisingly, I was. I was ready to get back to the strange planets and aliens that the Doctor had made my everyday life. Doctor cranked a lever and we took off. Suddenly the TARDIS lurched from beneath me, throwing me to the ground. Fiery white sparks showered up from the console and strange popping noises erupted around me. The TARDIS wheezed unevenly as if it were dying.

"Can the TARDIS go one second without breaking?!" I shouted exasperatedly over the chaos around us, slowly getting back to my feet.

"Oi! Don't talk to her like that!" Doctor pouted his bottom lip, stroking the console as if apologizing to the TARDIS for my behavior. I grabbed onto the railings, waiting impatiently for us to land. I heard a prominent clonk, and felt a slight jerk, signals that we were on the ground.

I creaked open the door, wondering where the TARDIS had taken us this time. We were in a large room with sparkling golden walls littered with strange looking silver orbs. A blue light filtered through the room.

"Where are we?" I asked, stepping out. I heard distant high-pitched voices that I couldn't quite make out.

Doctor didn't answer. His gaze was locked on something behind me. I was shocked to find rage heated in his eyes. I wondered what a creature could surface such an anger in such a kind-hearted man. I was afraid to look behind me to find out what it was.

"Exterminate!" A shrill, piercing mechanical voice shouted from behind me, making me wince. I slowly turned, gasping as I saw a metal creaure that somewhat resembled a salt shaker. It was golden and bronze with the same silver egg-looking things all over the walls wrapping in lines around its body. It had something that looked like a toilet plunger and a whisk as arms. A single, perpendicular eyestalk mounted on its large, rotating bronze head. A menacingly empty blue eye moved rapidly back and forth at the end of the eyestalk.

"Who. Are. You?! You. Will. Be. EXTERMINATED!" It shrieked.

Doctor stepped in front of me, staring down the metal creature.

"I have done a scan! It is the Doctor!" Another creature rolled up from behind the other, squealing with a louder and more piercing voice.

"What is that?" I whispered to the Doctor, peering over his shoulder like a scared child.

"It's a Dalek," Doctor said in disgust, "These are what destroyed Gallifrey, these are what killed my people".

I stepped back, realizing the power of the creature. "EXTERMINATE!" I dove down to the ground as I heard a blast, which I had learned over the years was not a good thing to hear when traveling with the Doctor. A burst of blue light flew past me, narrowly missing the Doctor's head, and plummeting into the wall behind us. The wall sparked with blue electricity, melting and crumbling away as if it had been splashed with acid. I screamed, realizing that could have been me or the Doctor, and began to run, followed by the Doctor. I sprinted blindly into the ellaborate hallways just beyond the room. I was in a maze of white walls, spiraling in different directions. I skidded on the slippery floors, running into each wall as we turned on. I heard the amount of shrieking mechanical voices growing behind us.

"Doctor we can't keep running forever they're gaining on us!" I puffed as I ran into another wall, spitting out profanities.

Doctor whipped around, pointing his sonic screwdriver at the closest Dalek. White sparks flew up from it and it turned in circles, screeching.

"What else can we do?"

Doctor turned back around as we veered around another corner. I sighed with relief as we skidded into a large room that looked almost like an arena with clean white seats spiraling around the large clearing we were standing on for as far as I could see. But my relief was quickly banished as I saw that the seats were strewn with millions of Daleks, strange lights on their heads -that looked almost like ears- illuminating every time they spoke. Shrieking voices coursed through the room, piercing my ears, all saying "The Doctor must be exterminated!"

I looked over at the Doctor, horrified, as I realized we were cornered. Daleks wheeled up from behind us, blocking our way out.

"Then just do it! Kill me!" Doctor shouted angrily, putting his arms out at his sides.

"Doctor!" I stood in front of him, looking into his eyes, trying to block his vision from the Daleks. He still seemed to look past me furiously.

"But Doctor, we can't exterminate you. Someone else will!" One Dalek voice rose above the rest, deeper and more menacing. I spotted the source, a large, sleek black Dalek with a red eye instead of blue.

Doctor stepped past me, "Why let someone else take the victory. You've been trying to kill me for nearly a century, why sit back and watch someone else do it for you?".

"Because when this person kills you it will be a million times more painful! And Daleks will be supreme!" It shouted. The entire arena began to chant.

"Umm...Doctor...?" I said shakily. He ignored me.

"Who is this person you speak of?" Doctor asked; he always let his curiousity get the best of him.

"Doctor!" I tried again.

"Not now Alice. Before I die, I want to at least know who is killing me," Doctor continued.

"I believe you will find out soon!" The Dalek screeched.

"DOCTOR!" I yelled. He turned around, eyes widening as he saw it.

"What is it?" I asked shakily, feeling fear beginning to creep into me.

"Y-you're..." He began, but he was too shocked to finish.

I looked down at my hand. My fingers had fallen away like a cap on a lighter, revealing a shimmering silver gun built into my hand underneath. I had lost control of my body, as if I were being controlled by a remote.

"You're not human," Doctor breathed.