Ch.10: Space Mountain

Recap:

"Anyways, we have to find out why the angels were here in the first place, and be sure that there aren't any mo-" Doctor stopped talking abrupltly, staring at something in the distance. I followed his gaze to see the face of an angel peeking out of an empty area between buildings. I glanced away for a moment, and turned back, but it was gone.

"There's more," I said quietly.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving until they're gone, every last one of them.".

~o0o~

"What are those things?" I breathed.

"The weeping angels," River answered solemnly, "They may look stone, but when you turn your back...".

"Weeping angels can only move if they are not seen, not even by themselves. They can move miles in a blink of an eye. In other words, you blink, and you're dead, you look away, and you're dead. Also, don't stare into their eyes, or they'll get into you're head and...".

"Let me guess, you're dead," I groaned.

"Exactly.".

"Can't I have one normal day? One day?" I sighed, exasperated, "Not even on my birthday?".

"You're time traveling with an alien in a blue box, I don't think so. Happy birthday," River laughed.

I looked over to see Doctor pacing, face contorted with thought. "Think, think. If you were an angel in Disneyland and you didn't want to be seen, where would you hide?" Doctor asked.

I wracked my brain, trying to think of a dark ride in Disneyland. There weren't many. I remembered all the the rides I had been on with my parents.

"Space mountain!" I shouted, startling a family passing by.

"What's that?" Doctor and River said in unison.

"Umm...we have to go all the way back to the other park," I replied.

"Couldn't they have just put all the rides together?!" Doctor whined.

"You can walk," River teased.

We walked toward the gate entrance to Disneyland and Doctor once again held up his psychic paper. "Let me check your purse," the lady gestured to River's gigantic bag.

River opened it up and showed the lady, who gasped as she pulled out a colossal space gun. She dropped it and back away slowly, practically screaming.

"What is that?!" The lady yelped, "Some kinda bomb or somethin'?! Put your hands in the air!".

"Whoops, forgot about that one," River shrugged, Doctor glaring at her.

A few security guards patted her down, pulling two small hand guns from her pockets, three large guns in her boots, another small one in the right pocket of her shirt, and four more 4 more in her bag.

Me and the Doctor out our heads in our hands as they continued to pull out the seemingly endless supply of guns.

The guard reached for a small gun peeking out from underneath the top of her shirt, but she slapped his hand away, "You grab that and I'll point it at your face," River warned. The guard instantly backed off.

I looked behind me to see more security rushing towards us.

"I think it's time we ran..." Doctor said.

Me and River nodded. We burst into a run, security thundering behind us, knocking over people like bowling pins.

"Over there!" Doctor shouted, pointing to a crowded area of people.

We pushed our way into the middle, struggling to blend in, but we stuck out like a sore thumb without any Disney items on.

I fumbled for a few pairs of ears I had packed in my purse, fishing them out. I quickly passed a cap with Mickey ears on it to River to cover up her obvious head of wild curls, a pink-eared princess headband for the Doctor, and a Minnie Mouse headband for me.

We stood still, staring at the ground, as the guards walked through. I froze as one stopped nearby me, looking all around him, before continuing on his way.

"Really?" Doctor glared at me after they were gone, gesturing to the princess hat on his head.

"I was rushed!" I shrugged.

"I think it suits you," River grinned. I laughed.

Doctor scowled and ripped the headband off his head, throwing it to the ground and smushing it with his foot as if he had defeated it. I rolled my eyes and picked it up off the ground, "You have to keep it on or they might recognize you,".

Doctor groaned and obeyed, placing it back on his head. One of the sparkling pink ears lay crooked, stitches broken from abuse by the Doctor.

We headed into Tomorrowland, seeing the tip of Space Mountain peeking out from behind a building. As we walked around the corner the strange white futuristic-looking dome of Space Mountain came into view, and so did the hour and a half line trailing out of the door.

"Not again!" Doctor complained.

An hour and a half later...

"When. Will. This. End." Doctor sprawled out flat as a pancake in the middle of the line, arms and legs outstretched.

"You can get up now," I chuckled, "We're almost there.". I extended my hand to help him up. Our 'spacecrafts' approached and Doctor took a flying leap into the seat, taking off his ears and shoving them into the bag inside.

River followed us in, doing the same.

What if they're not even on this ride? I thought for a moment, but immeadiatly banished it at the thought of waiting in yet another line with the Doctor.

I took a deep breath and tapped the person in front of us. They turned around. "Excuse me, I was wondering if you might have seen a few... statues of angels in this ride?" I asked. The person just stared at me, dumbfounded.

"You know...like...bestial demons with vampiric teeth and razor-edged claws?" I tried again. The person looked at me for a moment, eyes rounded and wide, and slowly turned away.

I sighed and leaned back down in my seat as the ride began to move.

"Nice try," River patted me on the back. I smacked my palm into my forehead repeatedly.

Our vehicle turned into a colorful tunnel, rapid music playing everywhere. My heart pounded against my chest. If their were angels in here, judging by the Tower of Terror ride, this would not be the safest trip into space. We entered a large room glittering with projected stars and blasted off, soaring around on the tracks. My eyes searched wildly for any signs of an angel, but I didn't see any.

Maybe we would actually be able to ride something here without any aliens interfering. Suddenly the vehicle jerked around on the track, haulting abruptly. The entire thing shook violently as if there were an earthquake. The person ahead of me went flying out of her seat and hit hard on tracks farther down, not moving.

Is she dead? No. I didn't allow myself to think that. Everybody began to scream and chaos broke out around us. People began to claw their way out of the seats and onto the tracks.

"Doctor! We have to get out!" I screamed as I saw another vehicle filled with people coming up to us fast. I panicked, blindly slamming at my seat buckle, but it wouldn't budge. Doctor and River had already made their way out, following the other people.

"Doctor!" I screamed. He whipped around and began to run toward me but the other vehicle had already collided with mine. My seatbelt snapped and I was jerked forward into the air. I hit a set of tracks below the ones we were on, the momentum of the fall rolling me off the edge. I managed to grab the edge of the tracks, dangling above a long drop. I gasped for breath. I slowly looked down, yelping as I saw a giant mass of weeping angels standing on the ground below me, claws outstretched towards me.