Assassin Queen II

However, as his opponent had just surrendered, he couldn't proceed with his attack. He was full of regret, regretting that he didn't summon his mount. Yang Wenzhao secretly vowed that for the rest of the competition, he wouldn't act proudly again, and definitely summon his mount and go all out. Looking at the scorched black traces on his body, he realized that his behaviour was similar to the one Han Yu showed previously.

"Yang Wenzhao versus Bai Xiaomo, the winner is Yang Wenzhao, he will enter the top eight."

Together with the referee's announcement, this first match concluded.

Despite the fact that the female summoner Bai Xiaomo lost, her crafty fighting method left a deep impression on everyone. Any perspicacious person could easily guess that Bai Xiaomo's summons had very great control ability. If someone could get her as a squad member, no matter if it's for group combat or duel situations, she would be one of the best members possible. More importantly, she was only at the fourth step! For her to be able to leave Yang Wenzhao, who reached the fifth step, in such a pitiful state, it was not hard to guess what would happen after she reaches the fifth step, how formidable she would become.

It was only the first match of the eight, but it shocked everyone to such an extent! The feelings of the competitors who couldn't participate who were unwilling to accept these results weakened a lot. However, the next match left them somewhat disappointed.

The ones who had to go on stage for the second battle were precisely Li Xin and Long Haochen, sister and brother. Without even going on stage, Li XIn expressed to the referee her decision to concede.

This kind of situation was something extremely rare to see in the matches between the top 16 powerhouses. After all, reaching this stage was very hard, and each step forward could be said to promote one's status in one's future Demon Hunt Squad by a great extent. And still, when one's strength had no way at all to match that of one's opponent, they would generally put everything at stake to try to win over the opponent.

But it wasn't forbidden to concede in these matches, so the referee could only declare Long Haochen the winner, letting him enter the top eight.

In regards to Li Xin's decision to concede, Han Qian, on the platform, was quite satisfied. At least, she didn't deplete Long Haochen's strength; the following matches were, as previously, going to take place daily, so if one used a too huge amount of resources the day before, it would obviously have a bad influence on upcoming matches.

The fact that Li Xin conceded didn't' hamper the marvellous aspect of the competition of this day: all four of the following matches were brilliant and varied, where no one would rashly admit defeat before the final moment. As a result, the victorious party would have to pay a price for that. After all, for these competitors to have been able to enter this stage, the gap between their strength couldn't be too wide.

"Cai'er, it should be your turn to go on stage." Long Haochen nervously held Cai'er's little hand.

Cai'er lightly shook her head, calmly telling him, "Nothing will happen to me." Long Hao Chen thought about accompanying her even to go on stage, but was rejected by Cai'er. As her hand grasped her bamboo cane, she headed to the stadium alone.

Seeing the appearance of this blind girl Cai'er, the other competitors showed various reactions. They were separated into two categories: the first was naturally those who were extremely doubtful; how could a blind lady even reach the top 16? And the other ones were nervous and excited, because they had formerly witnessed her formidable strength. In particular, the assassins from the Assassin Temple were actually cheering loudly for her.