"Money transferred. What does that mean?" I added another question.

   "That means this guy is not just a killer. He's an assassin." The Sheriff answered. The Sheriff and I headed into the school because the lead we got hinted us he was there. The Sheriff had his gun out, which made me smirk.

   "You know, just because this guy connected to the school's WiFi, doesn't mean he's still here." I noted.

   "True. But I've seen enough in this school to keep my gun in hand when walking in after dark." The Sheriff shined his flashlight around and spotted a pool of blood. "Like blood." Fantastic.

   "That doesn't make sense." How come I didn't notice that? I mean, I could've smelled this the moment we entered the school, but I didn't. This is worrying me. Am I losing my powers?

   "Yeah, no kidding." The Sheriff had a worried look on his face.

   "That's not what I mean. I should've caught the scent before we walked in." He looked even more worried. "Hold on." I whispered, going to open the door to the classroom, but the Sheriff stopped me.

   "You nervous makes me nervous."  He checked through the small window and then ushered me back out of the way. The Sheriff opened the door very slowly, only just pulling a trigger wire tight. I crouched down to get a look. It's a claymore mine. Shit.

   "It's an explosive. A claymore. Get down!" I told him. Then I heard the sound of a flying tomahawk through the air and pulled the Sheriff out of the way. The assassin appeared with a second tomahawk in hand. I fought him and disarmed him. I managed to get his arms behind his back, and the Sheriff came up and pointed a gun into his face.  

   "You have the right to remain silent." The Sheriff told him, and I rolled my eyes. I know that he has to say that, but he seemed to enjoy saying this to him, mostly because he has no mouth. "Anything you say, can and will be used against you in the court of law. You've the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one-" As he was reading off his Miranda rights, Peter came into the hallway. He started running at us. I shoved myself and the Sheriff out of the way as Peter attacked the assassin.

   "No, Peter, no!" I warned him. Peter slashed the assassin dead and tore off a piece of the assassin's flesh. The Sheriff held his gun on Peter as he got up and Peter wiped off his hands. After that, he got up and started walking away. "We've learned a better way."

   "I'm a creature of habit." He replied. What a fucking asshole.

☼   

   "I'm worried about myself, Jade." I confessed. We lied next to each other on our bed. She seemed tired. We're going through enough, so that's reasonable. "I'm losing my powers."

   "I don't believe it, Derek. My last vision showed me you'll become stronger, you're not dying." She replied. Maybe she was in denial... Nothing says I'll grow stronger...

   "Maybe that vision was wrong. I'm dying. I barely catch a scent now."

   "Stop it, Derek. You're not dying." Her eyes were sparkling.

   "Why are you crying? Jade, we can't stop this. We'll just make the best out of our time together." She didn't agree. She seemed in pain.

   "Derek, you can't give up like this." I hugged her, and she hugged me back. I felt my shirt get wet by her tears. Oh... I don't want her to cry.

   "Is everything okay?"

   "Just promise me that you'll fight to live, Derek." I nodded. "Promise me."

   "I promise. Tell me what's wrong, Jade. You're worried and it makes me even more worried."

   "Derek... I-I..."

   "You're what?" I rushed her. She looked down and I lifted her chin up so she could look at me. A tear escaped her eye so I cleaned it. My heart is shattering to see her that way. "What happened?"

   "I'm pregnant." I raised my eyebrows as my heart skipped a beat. We're of the few leftovers of our families and for the first time since the fire, it's growing. I felt so overwhelmed. I didn't see it coming. Well... I should've. But still.

   "You're pregnant?" A small smile appeared on her lips. "This is amazing. I'm so happy to hear this."

   "You are?" I nodded, looking at her tummy. 

   "Never ask that. Of course I'm happy to start a family with you. I'll never be sad by that." I feel whole at heart. I'm happy to get on this journey with her. I don't care about the rest of those worries. "We'll raise an amazing child together." I placed my forehead on hers, our noses touched. "I love you so much."

   "I love you too."

Panthera Onca ➳ Derek Hale [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें