I squeezed my jaw right away as I kept the tears from flowing down my cheeks again before frowning at the blonde at her expression of judgment. "You know he has a girlfriend, right?"

"Huh?"

"Listen to me, bitch, I don't know who you are and I don't care but he loves his girlfriend. So much and even if they are on a bad pass right now, he-"

"Wow, who are you ?"

"You, who are you ?" She asked in return, inspecting me more closely before the realization fell on her face. "Céleste ?"

I gave her a strange look before crossing my arms on my chest in discomfort. "I suppose you're Astrid?"

"Yeah. Sorry, I thought he... well ... "

"Yeah. I thought the same thing about you then." I bitterly replied before letting a long, weary sigh rubbing my forehead as I glanced around our ragged room. "What happened here ?"

I avoided the eyes of the blonde shared between uncertainty and mistrust before feeling her eyes on my back. "He decided to invite his former friends from high school. The Pene-something."

"Penetrators." I said with a grin knowingly before giving a new look in the direction of the room."There were girls, I suppose ?"

"Hm... a girl group with a soda name ?"

"Pepsi Max. Perfect. "

I pinched the bridge of my nose in exhaustion as I let myself fall on the couch before taking my face in my hands.

A clumsy silence quickly settled between us before the blonde moved in my direction while placing a grocery bag on the floor.

I immediately raised my head to give her a confused look on the side immediately receiving a look of the blonde. "He told me what happened. "

"And you still talk to me ?"

"He also told me that he had gone without even asking for explanations." She added, causing me to straighten up, giving her a puzzled look. "I don't think you're that kind of girl. It's been months since I've heard Chris talking about you and I think there must have been an explanation."

I immediately left a snort angry with myself before shaking my head as I looked away. "Yeah, I was fucking drunk and jealous."

"Jealous?"

"I thought he cheated on me with you."

Surprisingly, the blonde instantly burst into laughter making me raise my head to give her an awkward look.

Finally, Astrid shook her head with a hint of persistent smile on her lips before giving me a sharp look. "Without offense, Chris is very attractive but I can hardly bear his arrogance without wanting to stick a pencil in his eye. I don't even know how you do most of the time."

"We get used to it, I guess." I whispered in a laugh despite myself.

"I bought painkillers and orange juice." The blonde explained, signing the grocery bag before shrugging her shoulders.

I lowered my eyes on the bag in guilt before releasing a sigh as I straightened up. "I should probably leave."

"What? Why? "

"He's angry with me and I deserve it. "

"He's not angry with you." Objected immediately Astrid with a hint of a smile on her lips."He's wounded and he feels guilty. He thinks it's his fault. "

" His fault ? Why ? "

"Because he went to the army and you're all alone here."

" It's ridiculous." I sighed in annoyance before shaking my head giving a frustrated look on the blonde. "Even if it were true, I was the only one who was insecure. I should never have gone to the pregame."