Two Shocking Details

Start from the beginning

“um... yea.. okay sure... here I got this for you.” he stuttered before handing the drink to me and walking back into the complex. When I was sure he was gone I turned back to Andy and bit my lip.

“well.. how did I do?” I asked. He smiled at me pulling me into a hug.

“you were brilliant. I know you were against the whole thing but think about it this way, at least we know he likes you.” I shrugged.

“but the look on his face... Andy I don't think I can kept doing that to him.” I mumbled looking and the ground. He put his finger under my chin pulling my face up to look at him.

“hey, it's going to be okay. Besides it's only till Liam admits he has feelings for you then it's all over.” he said. I nodded looking down at the cup in my hand. I smiled.

“he got me coffee.”

“yes he did- hey look a distraction!” Andy shouted pointing to the other side of the street.

“Andy what the hell?” I looked over to the other side. Unfortunately I fell for his little charade and he took my frappicino. “Andy!” I giggled chasing him around to get back the drink. All the while he was drinking it for himself. After a while I gave up and sat on the roof of his car waiting for him to come back. He chuckled joking over and handing me the half empty cup of chocolaty coffee deliciousness. I pouted at him as he laughed and got in the car. I mumbled a few curses before joining him in the car.

.

“goodbye my little strawberry shortcake” Andy shouted from the car. I laughed turning around and waving goodbye.

“goodbye my stud muffin! And remember Eleanor is picking me up for lunch!” he salutes me before driving off.

When I walk into the studio Suzan was already there stretching. She looked up and smiled waving me over.

“Rena! You will never guess what!” she said practically jumping up and down. I laughed put my bag down and starting to stretch.

“what?” I smiled.

“so there was this guy- you know the guys that are doing the renovations on the studios down the hall? Well, one of them bumped into me and after a while of talking he asked me out! I'm so excited, he is so cute too! And has the cutest name ever.” she rambled on and on about him. I nodded pretending to listen as she started to describe him and everything about him. But one word caught me off guard as she blabbered about how hot he was.

“sorry, but what was his name again?” I said interrupting her speech.

“oh, Darren, cute right? It so fits his personality, oh my gosh Rena! He is so hot, li-”

“Darren? Darren Whitebell?” she nodded slowly, a confused look plastered on her face.

“yea.. how did you know?”

“oh... um... I think I’ve talked to him before. Just wondering. I'm... happy for you, I hope you have a great date.” I say smiling. Although inside it was bugging me. He had said he was going to have me one way or another and then.. he just asks out my friend? Something about this whole situation didn't seem right. I wanted to protect Suz but that would mean telling her not to go out with him and she seems so happy. It was like she had never gone on a date before.

“oh … okay that's good. Can I tell you something in complete secrecy?” she said moving closer practically whispering. I nodded furrowing my eyebrows as I looked at her intently. “well... I've never had a boy ask me out..you know... so directly before.”

“what do you mean?”

“well I've been on dates before... but... no boy has ever just come up and asked me. It's always been where they ask my friends or our parents tell us to.. so I don't know what to expect.” I smiled at her.