Chapter⭐10: Ache

♥♣♠♦

Mahiru woke up too early again. He had too much stuff in his mind. At least, this time, he was able to sleep a little.

Whenever he would close his eyes, the place that Makoto created at the cafe would always come flashing back in his mind. Mahiru couldn't get over it... and the thing he was talking about, light and shadows? Mahiru was thinking hard about it, he felt that he had heard it somewhere before.

"I don't get it... I know I've heard it somewhere... I just don't remember where or when." Mahiru sighed and rolled over to the side. "Makoto... just who is he?"

"Who is this Makoto?" Someone asked. He looked up and saw Tsubaki crouching down on his level. "Tsubaki... you're awake?" Mahiru asked.

"No, I'm asleep. That's why I can talk to you, Shirota Mahiru." He said, sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

Mahiru was surprised that Kuro wasn't doing anything yet. At this point, he would be shielding him from Tsubaki by all means. Even though he is also Mahiru's Servamp.

Mahiru looked behind him and saw Kuro sleeping. So that's why he wasn't doing anything.

But something was beside his sleeping body. On the floor, near his hand, was a glass tumbled down and milk spilled on the floor.

"What the- Why is there milk on the floor..?" Mahiru asked, sweating. Tsubaki chuckled. "Oh, that? If you're interested, I could tell you a little story."

Mahiru listened.

Flashback

Nii-san actually woke up earlier than me. I pretended to be asleep. He called that... Sendagaya boy(?) To bring him that glass of milk. And he did. Nii-san turned around to grab his DS thingy and placed the glass of milk on the floor.

And I, being the AMAZING person I am, accidentally dropped a sleeping pill in Nii-san's glass while he wasn't looking.

He stood up to go to the bathroom and drank the milk, not long after that, he fell asleep like he was supposed to.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! IT WAS HILARIOUS! HILARIOUS, I TELL YOU! HAHAHAHA!!!" Tsubaki laughed loudly. Then calms down. "...so not funny."

"Uhh, why would you do that?" Mahiru asked. "I don't know. Maybe it's to get back at Nii-san for ordering humans around to lock me up? Yeah, I think that's the reason. Don't worry, the effect will wear off after an hour or so." Tsubaki said.

"Okay..? I don't actually mind it since he never calms down when I'm around you. Haha. Sometimes I find it weird, how over protective he could be. At least, now I can talk to you without any worries." He smiled sweetly.

Tsubaki looked away, blushing. "It's not like I did it just so I could have a proper conversation with you or anything... I still hate you, you know..." he muttered.

"But anyway, back to my question. Who's Makoto, Shirota Mahiru?" Tsubaki asked again, regaining his composure.

"Ugh, Shirota Mahiru, Shirota Mahiru. I'll tell you who Makoto is but please just call me "Mahiru", okay?"

"...Fine." Tsubaki said. "But don't expect me to be chummy with you, Shir-"

"Mahiru."

"R-Right... M-Mahiru."

"Why are you getting nervous? Just drop the Shirota. It's that easy."

"Mahiru..." Tsubaki whispered,