Chapter⭐3: Interruptions

♥♣♠♦

Kuro came back to his shared room with Mahiru. He left Tsubaki behind, not caring about how stunned he looked when the threat was given. He knew one thing for sure, Tsubaki was definitely gonna sleep on the roof, away from his own Eve.

When he opened the sliding door, he saw Mahiru sitting on the floor, holding his head as if he saw something that wasn't supposed to be seen. He looked so... paranoid. At least, that's what it seemed like to Kuro.

He went inside, closing the door. "Mahiru, are you okay? You look pale..." he said with the same usual deep tone. Kuro sat down beside his Eve and slouched. Mahiru looked at him hesitantly.

"U-uh... Kuro..? Uhm..."

"What? Did something troublesome happen?"

"Ah, no... it's just..." the brown-haired teen let out a huge sigh and suddenly gets on his hands on knees in front of Kuro.

"I'M SORRY, I SUPPORT YOU AND TSUBAKI. SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIDE ANYTHING. I SAW YOU GUYS AT THE HOT SPRINGS. I SAW YOU KISSING. I'M SORRY. I DIDN'T TRY TO EAVESDROP, I SWEAR. I ASSURE YOU, I DID NOT HEAR ANYTHING." He said, almost too quickly.

Kuro sweats. "Wh-What the hell...?" He got startled when Mahiru started rambling about him and Tsubaki. And kissing? He didn't remember anything like THAT happening. "Mahiru, eww..." he shuddered.

"H-Huh?"

"Why would I like a guy like Tsubaki..? He tried to kill me. Plus, he is a huge pain in the ass..."

"HUH?! WAIT WHAT?!"

Kuro sighs and shakes his head. He was so disappointed at how oblivious Mahiru was. Why can't he just understand? The vampire dropped TONS of hints but still, he has never noticed anything. Stupid Mahi.

"Besides... we are both guys." Okay, Kuro kind of regretted saying that. Mahiru was a guy too. It seemed so ironic for him.

"B-But... I saw you. Your heads were so close to each other... I could've sworn I saw you two kissing."

"Tell me, were you hiding from the wall?"

"Yeah, so?"

"From that angle... it would have looked like I kissed him... but we didn't. I just pulled him close so I could tell him something..."

Mahiru looked confused. "What did you tell him?"

Kuro faced the other way. "It's... not worth mentioning. Don't worry." He said. Mahiru just believed what he said. After all, he didn't want to pry into anything and he DID say that he would wait until his Servamp was comfortable with telling him everything. Mahiru is not the type of person who goes back on his words. He wanted to keep it that way.

"Are you sure about this..?" Kuro asked.

"About what?"

"Tsubaki..."

"Oh..." Mahiru smiled a bit and looked away. He honestly didn't completely know the actual answer to that question. "Well, it was my decision. I made a deal with him and now I have fifty days to prove my worth before I give him permission to end my life. It's okay if you're mad at me. I won't blame you for feeling that way, Kuro."

"Mahir-"

"Hey, you know what? It's late. We should go to sleep. I have something planned for tomorrow." Mahiru wanted to avoid the subject as much as possible. He turned the lights off and went to his futon, pulling the sheets over his figure and facing the other way, away from his Servamp's view. "Goodnight." He simply said.