Mind Reader (18)

Chapter 18

The scene in front of me was breathtaking.

"It's beautiful" daisy sighed.

Beautiful was an understatement.

In front of me were at least 300 people. The sun was setting and it made the sky a pinky orange which reflected off the water nicely.

On the sand was a giant bar with dozens of bartenders, serving the huge amount of people. In the middle of the sand was a giant bon fire, roaring with life.

And last but not least, next to me was a Dj station with 2 Dj's blaring music through the hundreds of speakers surrounding the beach.

Daisy's parents had really thought of everything.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek and then a warm hand slide into my own.

Surprised I looked up at a grinning Josh. He smiled and wiped the tear leaning into my ear

"Happy Birthday" he whispered.

Just then, the music stopped and all heads turned towards us. I felt a million eyes on my face and I blushed, a deep, deep red.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed daisy hold up her hand. After 3 seconds a noise that pierced my ears roared through the beach. I'm not 100% but I think that may have been a 'happy birthday'.

Laughing, I cleared my throat and spoke.

"ummm...thanks guys!" my voice sounded croaky as I roamed the 300 people grinning up at me "Have a good time and...yeah thats it!" I laughed shakily one more time as everyone cheered and the music began again, this time playing In My Head by Jason Derulo.

Daisy squealed and kissed my cheek before running down the few steps, kicking off her heels and diving into the mass of people, followed by Holland and the boys.

I smiled warmly and glanced up at Josh, completely surprised to see him smiling at me.

When I caught him smiling, the grin pressed higher up his cheeks

"Shall we?" he gestured towards the beach. I just nodded, unsure what I want.

I kicked off my own heels and tossed them behind the Dj and followed Josh down the stairs.

As soon as my feet sunk into the warm sand, a crowd of people gathered around me, saying things I didn't understand over the music but was most likely 'happy birthday' or 'great party'.

I just smiled and thanked everyone who spoke.

Justin Beiber came on and everyone booed. Ignoring them, I grabbed onto Josh and danced with him, allowing my hips to sway to the music and grind against his crotch.

After about an hour of dancing I was puffed. Plus I wanted to talk to a few people.

I made my way to the bar and flagged down a tender. The woman smiled at me, probably not knowing who the hell I am.

"Alissa! Happy Birthday!" she exclaimed.

"Thanks! Can I get a long island iced tea?" she nodded and went off making my drink.

I leaned against the bar watching all the people dancing and talking.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I swivelled to see a really tall girl with glasses. I recognized her from primary school. We were in third grade together! Her name was...Ma..Mar..

"Ally! Happy birthday!"

"HEY..YOU!" I squealed and hugged her in that girly way. "Having fun?"

"Yes!" she widened her eyes "Soo much fun and sooo many cute boyssssss" she giggled and glanced behind me. I looked around at a smiling Adam.

"Adam is like 25!"

She rolled her eyes "So what Aly! He's HOT! Hannah wannnts" ohhh her name is Hannah! That's right!

I grabbed my iced tea and said my goodbyes to Hannah. She didn't take much notice as she was drooling over Adam.

I found a random group of guys and slid in the middle of their circle. I didn't know them but I didn't care.

I started dancing.

Dancing in the way that should be illegal.

Some one must have taken my drink because the next thing I know I'm grinding on some guy as he holds my hips in place and my arms are wrapped around his neck.

OMG by Usher was on and I just felt my body reacting to the heat and the excitement.

It soon became dark and the thousands of fairy lights illuminated the beach beautifully.

After a few songs and a few hot dances I made my way to the fire and sat down on one of the logs completely exhausted from dancing. Gazing into it I felt sort of lonely.

All these people are my friends and yet..they're not. I don't even know half of them.

But I'm still glad they came. All this effort shouldn't go to waste.

The log tipped slightly as someone sat down beside me. I didn't have to look to see that its Daisy. She smelt like vanilla and alcohol.

"Sup Al" she mused

"Hey Daise" I sighed.

"Lovin' the partaaaay?"

"Yeah it's great"

"What's wrong"

I looked at my best friend. I mean, really looked at her. Even though we are surrounded by 300 people, in the dark, with blaring music she could tell I was upset.

God I love her.

She smiled at me and glanced over my left shoulder warningly.

"Well, I-"

"Hold on, scull this" she handed me a drink and I sculled it with out thinking.

"Why?" I asked

"No reason. You just don't seem drunk enough" she laughed and then stopped mid way, glaring at something behind me again.

"Daisy what's-"

"FUCK" she screamed, making me almost fall off the log

"I'm going to kill him!" this time, causing a few heads to turn. She ran off into the crowd.

Confused I turned around, facing the Dj and the deck off the beach.

There standing, in a sexy button down shirt and cut off jeans, clutching a very tall woman with too much makeup and too much plastic surgery was.....

Ryan.

My stomach dropped.

~*~

OKAY GUYS!

I'M SOOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING IN WEEKS!

I FEEL HORRIBLE!!

I JUST HAVE HAD SOOO MUCH STUFF ON LATELY AND I HAVEN'T HAD TIME!

I PROMISE I'LL UPLOAD MORE TOMORROW!

LOVE AGAIN AND U.M WILL BE TOMORROW!

I'M ALSO WRITING SOMETHING NEW RIGHT NOW...ITS REALLY GOOD BUT I'M GOING TO WAIT UNTIL I FINISH THIS ONE BEFORE I START POSTING.

LOVE YA!

xx,B.