Prom? How About No

Start from the beginning

Friday morning, Carolton announces of no classes for the preparation for the Nationals this coming Monday. Though I'm over pumped at doing practices day and night, I still feel that I'm unprepared for the game and I'm nervous. Extremely nervous. Ally suggested that we should do a road trip. All of us-Ally, Dinah, Alex, Normani, Shawn, Lauren, and I. Unfortunately, today is the homecoming of Normani's cousins from Kansas City so she can't leave the house. As for Shawn, he said he's busy though I know he's not and he's just avoiding me.

Our luggage are already packed up and we're just waiting for Lauren and Alex since they are the one in charge in driving part.

"Prom sucks. I don't even know why Carolton allowed college students to have prom." Dinah groaned, puffing the air out of her mouth.

Honestly, prom at College is not a bad idea though. Prom is the highlight why high school became too precious and too memorable for teenagers like us. And being able to experience that again feels like I'm going to live in the dream of me being Cinderella for the second time. So yeah, I'm really looking forward to it.

"To have porn?" Ally asked with a knitted eyebrows.

Dinah and I look at Ally, "Prom!" We both corrected her, making Ally crack a laugh.

"I misheard, sorry."

"Allyson Brrrrroke Hernandez, I don't know if you're on drugs or you're just naturally not always with yourself all the time." Dinah.

"Ally not with herself is cute though."

"I misheard, jesus! You two are quick to judge your mother!" Ally.

"But yeah, back to the topic, PROM sucks."

"Hmm!" Ally hummed, "Is it because you don't know how to ask Normani?"

I'm drinking my water while listening to Ally but when I heard her saying Normani's name, it feels like the water that I already intake suddenly goes back from my throat to my mouth, "W-what? Normani?" I shift my eyes on Dinah who's blushing incredibly at the sound of Mani's name.

"W-what. . . a-about N-normani?" Smirk formed on my lips while looking at Dinah who can't keep a straight eye contact to both Ally and I. This is the first time I heard the Polynesian girl to stutter, "I-it's not like. . . I-I want to have, uhh, you know, dance with her." Dinah mumbled the last 3 words, shifting her eyes to her trembling hands.

"China Jane, do you like Mani?"

Dinah stayed silent so Ally do the honor on behalf of Dinah, "Yes. I caught Dinah the other day at the corner. She's practicing how she's going to ask Normani to the prom. Sweaty and tense!"

"Ally!" Dinah called out, "Alright, fine, fine, I like Normani. I like her more than anything else but she's straight."

"So does Mila." Our eyes shifted on the door at the sound of Alex's voice who's currently walking towards our direction with Lauren behind her.

"Hi baby," Lauren flash her genuine smile but for me, it's enough to slow time in my world. The green eyed girl leaned in and plant a soft kiss at the crown of my head before she wrapped her arm around my shoulder, "Dinah, ask her already."

"Yeah, you definitely should." Alex.

"What if she said no?" Dinah.

"But what if she said yes? You won't know it unless you try." Ally.

"Hold on!" I said with a furrowed eyebrows, "How come all of you know about this and I'm not?"

"Did you just really ask us that?" Alex chuckled, "Mila, you're drooling all over Lauren how come you'll know?"