Chapter 19

School was approaching fast which meant I'd have to deal with society again. My parents still weren't back from wherever they went weeks ago.

It's almost like they had just abandoned me. They never cared about me anyway.

I was sitting home alone when I heard a knock on the door. It was Luke standing there with a freshly pierced lip. The black ring around it jutted out making it very noticeable, partially because his lip was swollen.

"What do think?" he said taking the ring between his teeth.

"I like it."

"So can I come in?"

"Yeah I guess." I said while gesturing inside.

He came in and sat down on the sofa.

"We have school tomorrow." I said.

"I don't know if I'm going to go. I mean after all I just almost killed myself the other day. Please don't tell anyone at school." he pleaded.

"I wouldn't dream of it. Anyway I was thinking of dropping out. I can't stand it there. Everyone hates me."

"Are you sure? Once you're out that's it."

"Yeah I just can't stand it there anymore."

-

Luke wasn't coming in today so I was alone in almost all of my classes.

"Look what the cat dragged in." laughed Alice.

I tried my best to but I couldn't. "You know, I wish you'd just leave me the fuck alone. I have done absolutely nothing to you. Just fuck off Alice."

"Do you want to know how good a kisser Luke is?" she taunted knowing of what she done at Calum's party.

"Oh I know." I smirked.

"What." she said more of a statement than a question.

"You heard." I said walking away.

I turned round and her mouth was wide open in the same position I left her in.

-

My classes passed pretty quickly but slow at the same time since Luke wasn't there.

I was in French class then the bell rang to go home. I thought I'd go see Luke and tell him how school went. I packed up my stuff and left the classroom.

I was on my way up the path when my bag was pulled back. It was Alice with a bunch of other girls and and abnormally muscly boy.

The after school rush was over so it was me and Alice and "her crew" and this boy who I was not familiar with.

"What do you want."

"This is for kissing my boyfriend. Do it William." Alice said trying to sound cute.

The boys hand struck my cheek with such power making it turn scarlet.

I immediately brought my hand up to my face as it stung immensely.

"You do realise you're not dating Luke right." I said still holding my cheek, not mentioning anything about Luke and I.

"This is for talking back to me." she said while bringing her fist to my other cheek.

"You're not achieving anything by hurting me. Can't you see you've hurt me enough before."

"Well that means I'm doing my job."

"You're leading a pretty sad life Alice." I said turning and walking away. I wasn't going to Luke's, even though I had said before I'd be over. I know what I have to do.

I ran to my house and I never stopped running. I unlocked the door and slammed it with such force behind me. I sprinted upstairs and straight to my room.

I headed straight for the box. The same one I promised I wouldn't touch. I promised him I wouldn't do it.

I started, but once I did I couldn't stop, I was hurting myself more than I should have been. Self harm in itself is not ok, but the amount I was doing I couldn't stop. I picked up my mobile and called Luke.

"Luke, I really need you right now, I don't feel too good."

"What?! Are you ok? Do you want me to come over?"

"If you're not busy, Luke please-"

"I'll be over as soon as I can."

"Luke I think I'm going to-"

LUKES POV

"Luke I think I'm going to-" there was a loud thud and it sounded like she had dropped the phone.

I hung up and I grabbed my car keys running out the door.

"I'll be there as soon as I can Julia."

I got to her house in almost no time, I barged through the door and into her room, she was passed out on the floor with blood covering her wrist, much like how I found her on the night of Calum's party.

"Julia you promised me." I said to her knowing she couldn't hear me.

I picked up her small almost lifeless body and took her to the bathroom. I washed up her wrists, once all of the blood was washed away it was clear how deep she cut this time. I remembered where she told me the bandages were and I wrapped it around her wrist.

"I'm so sorry Julia." tears were now falling heavily from my eyes.

She started to come to, her eyes fluttering open.

"I'm really sorry Luke, I just couldn't handle it anymore."