Chapter 4

-

Class had finished and I was putting away my things when Luke sat on the table in front of me, "Hey." he said simply.

"Oh, hi."

"So are you still up for lunch?"

"I guess yeah."

"Well lets go!" he said getting a little too over excited.

He grabbed my wrist pulling me out of the classroom and out of the door to the school.

"Where are we going?"

"To my car."

"You drive?" I said just genuinely being in shock.

"Julia, almost everyone in the school drives."

"Oh..."

We approached his car, then he started to run towards my side opening the door for me.

"Oh thank you." I said letting a giggle leave my mouth.

We put or seatbelts on and then Luke proceeded to drive.

"Can you tell me where we're going?"

"I'm afraid not." he said while laughing.

"Wait. Is this some kind of set up?"

"What? Why would you think that?"

"Well a popular boy like you hanging out with an unpopular girl like me. Its a weird combination."

"I told you. A change."

After that the car ride was mostly silent, apart from Luke humming to the radio.

We pulled up to this place called 'Pete's Pizza's.' "Wait." Luke said not harshly but sternly. He got out of the car and walked round to my side to open the door.

"Thanks."

We walked over and into Pete's Pizzas side by side. Luke turned to me.

"What one should we get?"

"I don't really mind, I'll eat anything." I said jokingly.

He laughed.

"How about pepperoni?"

I nodded.

He went over to the counter and the small stout man behind the counter knew him by name.

"Luke, who is this you've got with ya? You're usually here by yourself. Anyway what can I get you?"

"Oh we're friends right Julia? And we'll have a pepperoni pizza please."

I nodded giving the small stout man a smile. We waited for about 5 minutes for the pizza and Luke went up to pay but I followed him up.

"Let me pay please."

"No the girl never pays."

"At least half?"

"The girl never pays Julia."

He took the pizza and we walked out of the pizzeria again side by side. He opened the door for me once again but handing me the pizza. He got in and turned on the radio.

"New music is so bad." Luke complained.

"Agreed."

He put in one of his own albums into the CD player in the radio. It took me no more than to hear the first few chords to know that it was Come As You Are by Nirvana.

"I love this song!"

"You like Nirvana?" he questioned.

"Of course I do who doesn't?"

"Stupid people." he said while laughing.

We started eating the pizza that Luke had bought us although it was now cold.

We headed back to school with minutes to spare. I had one last class then I could go home.

"Oh Julia?"

"Yeah?"

"Um do you want to come to mine maybe? After school? If you don't want to it's cool." he said looking very embarrassed.

"Well I get to go home after this, but u yeah I'd love too."