One

I smiled at the cashier as I took my coffee from the counter.
"Have a nice day" I took the seat in the window as always, placing my coffee down while I got my laptop out from my bag. Taking my time to edit my videos in the café that was a short walk away from the house gave me some well needed time to be alone. As much as I love being around Mark, it was sometimes a little exhausting. Despite my social nature that I sport during my videos, being around actual people for a long amount of time at the wrong moments could completely throw me off. I had pills to take care of my anxieties, of course, but they weren't crippling enough to need the meds all the time. I only really used them for conventions and important meetings. Mark was fine with me being quite and anti-social for most of the day as I spent evenings with him. We'd have dinner together every night but since neither of us were very good at cooking, takeaway was the natural go to. As I had a lot less motivation for exercise than Mark, the amount of takeaway that I'd eaten since we moved in together a few months ago was showing with the growing ring of chub around my stomach.

A few productive hours and several slices of cake later, I packed up my laptop and began the walk home. I texted Mark to let him know that I was heading back. He told me that he was ordering pizza for dinner and was picking out a movie. I looked up from my phone to see a shadow dart quickly into a passing alleyway. Something drew me to it. I have no clue why as I'm not one for seeking out trouble. As I turned the corner, I felt a sharp pain in my head like a migraine. I only lasted for a split second. There was nothing in the alley. Nobody was there. I must be coming down with something. I made my way back home, not thinking anything of it which I would come to regret later.