7. Awkward Apologies

Pete's favorites songlist
Track 5: Elton John- Sorry seems to be the hardest word

Tiana's POV

"I'm so sorry!" I squealed and ran off into the crowd.
My heart thumped hard in my ribcage as I squeezed and pushed against other people to get through. The sight had been shocking, yet definitely true.

"Tiana, Parker is throwing up horribly. Better go help him out," James had said with a smirk when he came back. He had told me which room he was in and how to find it. He was there, just not throwing up. Instead, the sight had made me want to puke.

I had barged in when they were quite heated up. Parker threw Chloe on the bed as she squealed and giggled. When Parker snapped his attention to me, I saw it in his expression. Anger, because I had interrupted them.

His hair was like a bird's nest, all spiking out from where Chloe had pulled on it. His lips, swollen and red from meeting with hers. His eyes, wild and full of anger.

I finally got through the crowd and ran down the stairs, bumping into someone. I didn't even have the time or heart in me to say sorry before I fled the rest of them down, swarming into another group of people.

Tiana, he didn't have a 'thing' with you.

'I know.'

Why are you on the verge of crying?

'I am not.'

Oh please, I know you more than yourself.

'Please stop thinking to me, me.'

It's―

My thought was cut off when someone grabbed my wrist and twirled me around.

"Are you okay, Tiana? I called you seven times!" Charlie said, putting his hands on my arms. Just by the touch of him made me think of him as a sturdy oak. He would hold me up even though I wanted to fall.

"You did?" I tried to act as if nothing had happened.

Actually, nothing had happened. There was absolutely nothing to be upset about. We didn't have anything between us in the first place. All we shared was a memory at the wetlands. That was it. Chloe and him had probably been for...who knows how long?

"I did. What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" he smirked.

"Just...thoughts." I shrugged.

Lots of thoughts.

Even inner dialogue with the other me.

He pulled me into his arms, and because of his tall height, he rested his chin on my head. His warmth flustered me even more, because I couldn't think with him around me like this. "I wish I were on that list of thoughts," he muttered. My face heated up, and I could hear the fast thumping of his heart.

He pulled his head away to look me in the eyes. His deep chocolate brown eyes were swirling me into him. "Wanna dance, T?"

"Sure." I shrugged. I was a horrible dancer of course, because I had never been to a party before, much less danced.

Charlie offered me his hand and I took it, as he dragged me to the dance ground and started to wriggle.

I threw my head back in laughter. "You look like a worm!" I shouted at him through the people dancing around me.

"A very handsome worm, that is," he said wriggling more. "Dance with me."

I smiled and started swaying to the music.