She was munching on a Lemon Square and was avoiding looking at him. He bit his lip to hide a smile, she looked cute when she was mutinous and she had crumbs of the pastry around her mouth. He reached for a piece on the tray but she slapped his hand away.

"I got you the Lemons, sweetie."

"Hmmp."

"Are you mad at me? Those squares look good, can I have just one?"

She eyed him suspiciously before nodding. He bit into the gooey goodness of the pastry and closed his eyes. Damn, it really was good. Dei was really good with pastries, and this one practically melted in his mouth. The crust was buttery and light, it also wasn't dry like some pastries were. There were bits of Lemon Zest in the middle, bursting with the tangy taste of Lemon.

"Damn, that was good. One more baby, please?"

She was about to reply when she suddenly ran to the sink and began throwing up. He held her hair and rubbed her back, wincing as she emptied the contents of her stomach. By the time she was done, she weakly rinsed her mouth and sat on a chair.

He wiped the sweat from her forehead and noticed how pale she was. Alarmed, he checked her neck and forehead for temperature, noting how cold and clammy she was.

"I don't feel too good, Jay," She complained, leaning her head on her arms on the table. He gave her a glass of water and ran a hand over her hair.

"Are you feeling cold?"

"The opposite. I'll take a shower, maybe that will make me feel better."

"Ok. Lie down after, I'll take care of the kitchen. Is the oven on timer?"

"Yes, please make sure it shuts down when the timer rings."

He cleaned up the kitchen, wondering what could be the matter with her. After a while, he was done and took a shower in the den's bathroom. By the time he stepped out, the oven timer rang and he shut the oven switch and took out the tray.

He checked the bedroom to see how Dei was doing and saw her asleep on their bed. He checked her temperature, she was still without fever and a had a little more color on her cheeks. He went back to the kitchen and heated some leftover food to eat dinner alone. After cleaning up, he went up to the bedroom and got into bed beside Dei.

She snuggled close to him, automatically wrapping an arm around his middle and resting her head on his chest. In a short while, he too was fast asleep.

-----

Richard woke up around two in the morning and found himself alone in bed. He looked for Dei in the bathroom but Dei wasn't there. He went down and found her in the kitchen eating Lemon Squares again.

"Have you had dinner already?"

"No. I didn't feel like eating."

"But you're eating Lemon Squares again. Won't that make you throw up again?"

"But it's so good, babe."

"Why are you bingeing on Lemon Squares all of a sudden?"

"But I always liked Lemon Squares."

"Yes but babe, eating half a pan?"

"Ok fine I won't eat anymore."

"Huh? Wait.....babe, what's gotten into you?"

"You're worried I'll gain weight, is that it?"

"Nooo......look, fine. Have your pastries and eat. I'm going out for a while."

"Where are you going?"

"I just need to buy something. I'll be back. Lock up ok?"

Dei locked the door and slumped onto the couch dejectedly. What was wrong with her? She felt so out of sorts and the mood swings were never this bad whenever she had her period. It was then that it suddenly hit her. She counted the weeks since she had her last period and suddenly, her heart skipped a beat.

She tried calling Richard but he wasn't picking up. Where could he have gone and what was he buying at this hour? He arrived after twenty minutes, with a Mercury Drug plastic bag on his hand.

"What did you get in the drugstore? I told you I had no fever."

"I didn't buy any meds. But here, take these. It's just a hunch, Dei."

She opened the plastic bag and saw pregnancy test kits, five different kinds. She felt scared and excited at the same time. The craving for Lemon Squares, the weird feeling and mood swings might mean she was pregnant, and in a few minutes they was about to find out the truth.

She went to the bathroom to do her thing, while Richard patiently waited for her. She was already inside for 15 minutes and Richard was beginning to worry.

"Dei...baby, are you ok?"

She finally opened the door and got out, with tears in her eyes.