Chapter 12: How Far Apart is "I Like You" and "I Don't Dislike You"?

Kagura took a short walk with Sadaharu before trudging to her room. As she stood in front of the door, she realized with dread that Sougo was probably already in the room, and she would have to apologize somehow.

S**t... Well here goes nothing, she thought as she slid open the door.

.

.

.

When she opened the door, she saw Sougo lying down on his side of the room, facing the wall. Kagura closed the door behind her and sat down with her legs crossed on her side of the room. She was beginning to feel sweat forming on her forehead until she thought to herself, Ha, what am I so worried for. It wasn't that big of a deal, so just make a quick apology, and it'll be fine. She cleared her throat before speaking up.

"So, um, Sadist, are you awake?" she asked.

No reply.

"Sadist?"

Silence.

"Are you really asleep, like, for real? Saaaadist-"

Sougo sat up straight and turned to look at her with a death glare.

"What do you want?" he asked coldly.

"I, uh, wanted to say s....," she said, the last bit being inaudible.

"What?"

"I meant to say I'm sorghm..."

"China, what the hell are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say sorry! Okay? There I said it. Everything is settled," she stated confidently.

"Yeah? Well, you can go take your apology and shove it up your a**," he told her, lying back down.

She was taken aback by his reaction and paused before speaking again, "I know that I went a little over the line earlier today, but I don't think you should be getting this mad. It's not like it was the first time I was acting mean towards you."

Sougo sat back up to look at her.

"You know, you're really an idiot," he stated.

"Huh?"

"I was actually- you know what, forget it."

"What is it?"

"I said it's nothing," he snapped, lying down again.

Kagura sat there in awkward silence for a few minutes, not knowing what to say until something odd about the incident earlier that day dawned on her.

"Y-you called me by actual name, didn't you?" Kagura asked out of the blue.

"What?"

"You called me Kagura instead of China when you asked if I was okay."

"Yeah? So what?"

"You were actually concerned about me, weren't you?" Kagura asked.

Sougo remained silent for several agonizing minutes before standing up to Kagura's shock. He walked over to her side and sat close enough for their knees to touch. Kagura tried to back off a little, but Sougo simply leaned in a little closer.

"You really want to know?" he asked.

"I-I guess, but I don't understand why you have to stand so clo-"

Kagura was cut off when Sougo abruptly leaned in and kissed her. Kagura's eyes widened as he deepened the kiss and brought his hand up to her face. Heart racing, face burning, she thought she was going to pass out. Sougo held the kiss for what seemed like an eternity to Kagura, but he eventually backed away before Kagura could get a heart attack.