Chapter 11: Oh How I Hate Geometry

"Fair maiden, to compensate for the wrongs I have done to you, I will provide you my servitude for life," he said, kissing her hand.

Everyone fell back in shock.

.

.

.

Tama stared down at Yamazaki for a few moments unable to process what was going on.

"Um, are you sure this is Yamazaki-sama?" she asked aloud.

"Unless the Yamazaki you know is some sort of Prince Charming, then nope," Gintoki answered.

"Despite the apparent change in personality, I'm glad that he remembers you guys," Snape told them.

"Yeah, at least his memories are the back," Hijikata said.

"Now, I must go back. It was fun meeting you strange people," Snape told them, walking away.

The others watched as he strolled down the path, blowing away little by little like petals in the wind.

"Sayonara," Kagura whispered, tears strolling down her face.

"Okay this story is f***ing weird," Sougo stated.

"Don't ruin the moment, bastard!" Kagura screamed at him.

A vein on Sougo's head popped out in annoyance as he said, "What moment? He's a fictional character from a different universe that we've known for twenty minutes. It's not a big deal."

"You don't understand. He's more than just some guy from another world."

[Author: Relatable T^T]

"Honestly, you're so-"

"Alright, knock it off you two!" Hijikata yelled, getting in between them.

Watching the three of them, Yamazaki chuckled.

"They're still the same," he said in a reminiscent tone.

"Oi, you sound like you haven't seen them for years. You were only in a coma for a week," Gintoki told him.

"Yes... but you have changed drastically because of that potion," Tama said.

"I would call it reborn, Miss Tama."

"I still don't like it," she told him honestly.

"B-but the old me was a inadequate coward and the terrorist me was just a horror. Wouldn't you much rather prefer a sophisticated gentleman? N-not saying that I am much of one now, but I will try."

"But I don't want a sophisticated gentleman. I want the shy Yamazaki that I knew before," she told him, with a look of longing.

At that statement, Yamazaki was completely flustered and lost for words.

"Ha, his personality might have changed, but he's still head over heels in love with you," Gintoki said, laughing.

"I-I..." Yamazaki stuttered.

Tama smiled and ruffled his hair.

"I'm sure you'll come back as your own self soon," she said before walking to join the others with Gintoki.

Then, they all went to help clean out with the final pieces of rubble while Yamazaki was ordered to stay inside.

Because the yard sale was a disaster, they called everyone over again for an emergency meeting to come up with a different idea. I was well past sun down at this point, and everyone was slightly irritable because they were growing tired, physically and mentally.