Chapter 10: Oh yeah, Yamazaki was a person who existed.

(Short Recap: There was a yard sale, but all the money, which Shinpachi was holding, blew up because Kondo threw a Justaway. Shinpachi went to the hospital, but woke up soon after. Then, Yamazaki, who was in a coma for a week, finally woke up, but does not remember anything.)

"Ahahaha, I was just kidding," Yamazaki said, scratching the back of his head.

Tama slashed the bed into two with her broom. Yamazaki stared wide-eyed at the broom which lay only inches away from his feet.

"Yamazaki-sama, you are quite lucky that Hijikata left the room, otherwise he would have killed you," Tama told him, the oil in her veins boiling.

Yamazaki gulped as sweat ran down his face, but Tama soon laughed it off and walked out of the room with Yamazaki to meet Hijikata.

At least that's what Tama wished happen.

Yamazaki still sat there, confused and afraid, and Tama still stood there wishing. But they couldn't escape the reality of things, so Tama closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and smiled.

"Hello, my name is Tama, and your name is Yamazaki. We were friends," she greeted, smiling softly.

Yamazaki looked up cautiously at Tama, and hesitated before replying.

"Yamazaki? Tama? We were... what?" he asked.

"Friends. We were friends."

"What's that?" he asked.

"Umm... well..." Tama trailed off, not knowing what to say.

A voice from behind then said, "What's a friend, huh?"

Tama turned back to see Hijikata standing by the door.

"Well," he continued. "Let me start off by saying that you were honestly an idiot and kind of a weirdo. You only ate anpan for a whole year and almost killed yourself because of the high sugar levels. You also-"

"Hijikata-sama, I doubt that topping everything with a mountain of mayonnaise is very healthy either," Tama interjected, giving him a weird look.

"What are you talking about?! Mayonnaise is the healthiest food in the world, and it heals the soul, Tama. You're just jealous that you don't have as much mayonnaise as me."

Tama sighed and rolled her eyes as she turned to look back at Yamazaki. Yamazaki, who still looked fairly confused, loosened up and laughed quietly, only loud enough for Tama to hear. She smiled, and mouthed, "He's crazy."

"Anyway as I was saying, Yamazaki," Hijikata continued. "You also got chased down by a mob of Prince of Tennis fans because you copied the main character. Truth be told, you were kind of embarrassing. But friends are people who tolerate those kind of things, and even share embarrassing moments with you. Actually, more than half of Gintama is basically about us embarrassing ourselves."

"Anpan? Prince of Tents? Kintama?" Yamazaki asked.

"What the hell? Why is anpan the only thing you pronounce right?" Hijikata asked, facepalming.

"I don't know... I-I feel like anpan was something very important to me," Yamazaki answered.

"WHY IS IT MORE IMPORTANT THAN GINTAMA? THE ACTUAL SHOW?"

"What show?"

"THE ANIME THIS FAN FIC IS ABOUT!"

"What's anime?"

"Okay, I'm done. Yamazaki, you can go figure everything out yourself," Hijikata stated, starting to walk down the hallway.

Before he could take three steps, Tama extended her broom and it wrapped around his neck like a snake, pulling him back into the room. Then she released him, and slammed the door shut with her broom.