Pack Mentality(2)

Stiles figured that Scott would've been back from his date with Allison by now. But it was late and it was unlikely that Mrs. McCall would just let her in, even if she has known the girl all her life. So she did what any normal friend would do. She climbed through the window, which Scott left unlocked. She didn't think she made much noise, but she was wrong.

"Stiles, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Melissa McCall shrieked at the girl, once Stiles rolled through the window. She was holding up a baseball like Scott did. Both had frightened each other.

"Do you even play baseball?" She yelled back completely ignoring the question. Scott, then appears after hearing the commotion. Melissa was still trying to catch her breath when she spoke again.

"Scott, tell your friend. That she needs to use the front door like everyone else."

"But we lock the front door." He told his mom.

"That's the point." She told them, before leaving the room.

"Why are you here?" Scott asked her.

"The driver didn't survive the attack. He's dead." Stiles told him. "But it doesn't make sense. Why would Derek want you to remember him killing someone?" She questioned.

"I don't know, but let's find out."

"Wait, Scott!" Stiles called out to her friend, once they reached the Hale house. Scott didn't hear her. Actually, it was more like he ignored his friend's call from behind him. Scott was beyond pissed, that Derek had taken an innocent life. "Derek! Get out here! I know what you did." Scott roared. Scott busted through the front door as if it were nothing.

But he was greeted with silence. Stiles shortly came through shocked that Scott just left a huge hole in the wall.

"I know you killed the driver! What do you think this is some kind of game?" Scott ranted going up the front steps.

"I didn't kill anybody!" Derek's voice rang out into the darkness. Stiles could feel the anger flowing from him.

"Scott!" She tried calling to her friend. She was once again ignored. A bad feeling began to settle in her stomach.

"I bet it's your fault that I am the way I am now!" Scott continued.

"Scott!" She tried again.

"I didn't bite you."

"Yeah, right! I bet you killed your sister too." Scott shouted. He was tired of the pushing and pulling he was getting with Derek. In fact, it was starting to irritate the hell out of him.

"Dude," Stiles said in shock, finally getting Scott's attention, "That was low."

"My sister was missing," Derek claimed suddenly coming from the shadows and grabbing Scott by the neck. "I came back to find her. Only I found her in pieces, being used as bait to get me back here!" Derek declared angrily before throwing Scott down the stairs. Stiles moved out the way, but quickly rushed to Scott's aide.

"Are you okay?" She asked him. Scott didn't respond.

Derek slowly descended down the stairs. As Scott was recovering, Stiles noticed Scott's eyes glowing yellow and Derek's glowing blue. "Guys, let's not fight." Stiles begged them. She was getting scared. But her pleas were ignored as Scott began to shift into wolf form.

"Get out." They both commanded to her. For once, Stiles didn't bother to stick around. She ran outside to the porch as she heard crashing sounds behind her. "This was a bad idea." She whispered to herself.

Inside the house, it was a war zone. Scott was in his wolf form, while Derek remained human. And they weren't going lightly on each other. Each had taken a shot at throwing one through a wall and throwing each other to the floor.

It wasn't until Scott managed to get the upper hand and throw Derek right outside the front of the yard. This scared Stiles causing her to scream. The body just so happened to be close to where she was standing. Stiles couldn't tell who it was at first until the person got up as if the throw meant nothing. "Derek?" She tried, he looked over at her. She was about to move towards him until wolf-Scott stepped out of the house. His eyes focused on Derek.

"That was cute." Derek responded, taking off his jacket before shifting himself. This isn't going to end well.

In front of her stood two enraged wolves going at each other. "Guys! Seriously this isn't going to solve anything." She tried to tell them, but they were in too deep. Derek had gained the upper hand now and was now showing no mercy towards Scott. Stiles was afraid Derek was on the verge of killing him. Derek picked up Scott and threw him into the ground. Hard. Scott made a painful noise and Stiles couldn't take it anymore.

As if her legs moved on their own Stiles ran towards the two wolves as Derek was about to grab Scott.

"God damn it stop!" She yelled at him grabbing his arm as she stood between them. Derek's claw were very close to her face. Derek and Scott both shifted back into their normal selves. Derek's face was covered with shock, which quickly changed to anger.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He barked at her.

"I'm keeping you from killing my best friend." She replied catching her breath. Scott stood up surprised that his friend had gotten in the way.

"That was a really stupid thing to do." Derek said teeth clenched. He was both surprised and pissed. Surprised that the human dared to get involved in a wolf fight and pissed that she would endanger herself, without even thinking of the consequences.

"Well, it not like you two gave me any options." She countered him and at Scott. He snatched his arm away from her and walked away from the two. She felt fear and relief coming from him through the link.

I'm just glad you're okay, he told her via link.

Yeah me too, she replied back

Don't do that again, you're lucky to still be alive.

I tend to be a lucky girl.

"If you didn't kill them, then who did?" Scott asked him, unaware what was going on between the two.

"I don't know. Tell me what you remember." Derek said.

Scott told him everything that he could remember from the scene.

"Are you sure they were red eyes?" Derek questioned him.

"Yes." Derek expression changed. The two teens looked at him. "Well..." Scott pushed.

"It's an Alpha. The most powerful our kind. In fact, they are usually the worst. He's responsible for the driver's death, but he is also weak since he doesn't have a pack. That's why he bite you. He's trying to get stronger." Derek explained to them.

"That doesn't explain, why Scott was with him though." Stiles pointed out.

"It was an initiation of getting Scott to join his pack. That's what we do. We make a kill with the Alpha in order to join the pack." Derek continued.

"Wait, but I didn't kill anyone." Scott told them.

"Yeah, you didn't. I don't know why he let you live, but the next time he calls you out. It'll be kill or be killed." Derek told them.

"It's not the people he wants." Stiles said, drawing to the conclusion.

"It's me." Scott finished morbidly.