Second Chance(1)

"Oh my god, her Dad wants to kill me." Scott comes to the realization as he and Stiles walked to the field for another practice.

"Now, calm down." She began giving him a shoulder rub, in order to calm his nerves. "Are you even sure that he recognized you?" She asked him. Scott shook his head. "See no harm, no foul." She told him.

"Gee, thanks." He told her, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Anything, I can do to help." She replied with a grin on her face.

While Stiles watched the practice, she felt a presence. The same presence she felt at the party and the same day she and Scott were looking for his inhaler. Oh God why is he here? She didn't have to look to know that Derek was somewhere close by watching them. Scott must've felt it too because he looked right at her before getting tackled by Jackson Whittemore. She winced as she heard the impact. "Come on Scott, shake it off!" She cheered toward her friend.

It was about a second before Scott got up and his whole demeanor changed. It changed all together like he was a different person. When the Coach blew the whistle again, the practice commenced. Only this time it looked like no one was able to touch Scott. It wasn't until Scott ran into Jackson head on did Stiles realize what was happening. The impact was hard and rough. Jackson's body flew into the air and caused him to land on his back.

While, the rest of the team circled around the fallen player, Scott ran off leaving Stiles to follow. She got into the locker room, Stiles could actually see her friend shifting.

"Get away from me!" Scott told her. He was struggling to keep calm, but it wasn't working. He tried to get away, but Stiles stupidly followed.

"Scott? Buddy. It's okay. Just stay calm." Stiles told him while trying to stay calm herself. Scott lets a groaning sound.

"Stiles you need to leave." Scott warned her again, before disappearing. There was nothing, but silence. That didn't make Stiles feel any better.

"Scott?"

A growling sound answered her and she lets out a small gasp. Up on top of the lockers, stood a wolf-Scott and it looked like he was ready to rip her to shreds. As she began to move slowly, the wolf mimicked her moves. Almost as if he dared her to run. And that she did. "Scott! Stop!" She called out to him, but it was no use. The wolf had taken over and here she was about to die.

She knew she couldn't just let her enraged wolf friend loose on campus, she had to find some way to stop him. She grabbed the first thing she saw the fire extinguisher. She quickly turned around and begin spraying it towards the wolf. As she stepped out into the hallway, there stood Derek.

For some reason, that made her feel safe, but at the same time she also felt that if Scott even appeared still wolfed out, Derek would end him.

"What's going on?" He asked her. She knew he knew what was going on, she felt it because of that pull.

"Oh, uh just giving Scott a bit of a cool down." She replied with a huffed breath and a smile.

"With a fire extinguisher?"

"Don't question my methods." She advised him. He took a step towards her, but she waved him away. "No! Uh. Scott doesn't want to people to see him looking ridiculous." He gives her a questioning look. Lame Stilinski, really lame.

Derek could smell the fear coming from her. He knew what was actually going on. The problem was he wasn't sure if it was because she was scared of him or what was happening with the other wolf.

"Stiles?" A voice called out to her. Stiles looked over at Derek almost as if she wanted to run towards him, but something held her back. Derek noticed this as well as he watched her go back into the room. Derek knew he was going to have to deal with the beta one way or another. That and there was also the connection he couldn't ignore with the girl. He had his work cut out for him.