Lunatic

In the past couple of the days since the incident at the school and the two amigos were down in the dumps. Granted one was a bit deeper since their 'other half' was dead and the second one was dump on the same night. It was like a heartbreak hotel. Stiles wasn't handling it well that's for sure. Especially, since she suggested that her and Scott go out in the woods and forget the Hell that had planted itself in their lives.

"We really shouldn't be out here." Scott told her as she led him to a clearing out in the woods, "My mom is in a constant state of freak - out from what happened at the school."

"Well, your mom isn't the sheriff, okay?" Stiles reminded him, "There's no comparison, trust me."

Scott placed himself on a stump while Stiles sat herself on the ground, "Can you at least just tell me what we're doing out here?"

"Yes." Stiles answered, "When your best friend gets dumped-"

"I didn't get dumped. We're taking a break."

"All right, well, when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break," She produced a bottle from the jacket she had been wearing, "You get your best friend drunk." However, Scott didn't seemed to be in the drinking mood, so Stiles took some for herself.

Scott built a fire to keep warm. Scott was silent and brooding, while Stiles continued to get drunk as hell. It was the only way for her not to feel the emptiness that made itself a home inside her. She hates to admit, but some part of her started caring about Derek. Particularly, when she ended up saving him from Kate.

"Come on. Scott, drink up." Stiles words slurred out of her mouth. Scott had some to drink, but he wasn't exactly feeling a buzz.

"No, I don't think that has an effect on me anymore." Scott told her. Stiles lets out a drunken laugh.

"Are you saying you can't get wasted? Haha, that must suck for you." Stiles told him. "But don't fret buddy there are plenty of others girls in the sea. Hell, maybe even boys. God I love boys. Especially, the ones with piercing green eyes and fiery red hair." She, then begins to go on a drunken tangent.

"You mean Landon?"

"Yeah, how did you know?" Stiles slowly made her way to Scott and began snuggling into his arms. Scott lets her because Stiles becomes quite clingy when drunk. He knows that there is a mutual understanding between them. They didn't think of each other in a romantic sense, but they were loyal to each other all the way through. Out from the shadows two men come across the teens. Scott doesn't pay attention to them until they stole the whiskey.

"Hey, give it back." He tells them. But they refuse and this for some reason begins to irritate Scott. Even, in her drunken state Stiles realizes her friend was about to shift.

"Scott let them have it okay. It's not that big of a deal. Besides, I'm too smashed right now." She told him.

"Fine. Come on let's go home." Scott's voice clipped, but she didn't notice.

It was the day of the full moon and the Sheriff was told Stiles that he was working that night. Stiles remembered that the Alpha was supposed to attack again tonight.

"Dad be careful."

"Always am."

"I know, but please. It's a full moon tonight and God knows what could happen."

Sheriff Stilinski looked over his daughter wondering what could have possibly gotten her so agitated, but he knew that if he were to ask he wouldn't get a straight answer.

"I will be okay. See you later." With that he headed to the department for a long shift.

At school, Stiles noticed a change with Scott. He wasn't his usual self. He clearly avoided sitting next to Allison, which wasn't all that surprising, but Scott also avoided her as well. Talk about not getting offended. They were taking a test and Scott was having a struggle. He was still reeling over the break-up with Allison and everything began to pain him. His senses were opened and he was beginning to see weird things that didn't belong on the exam.