Oh Boy, I Smell Trouble

Start from the beginning

"Alex. The annoying Alex."

"Ouch." Alex put her hand in her chest and acted as if she's hurt by my words, "Am I really annoying?"

I smiled and says, "Yes." Making Alex pout her lips like a child who got denied of having a lollipop after lunch. And then a memory of us suddenly crossed my mind.

....
"I knew it! You're not really straight at all." I pulled away and glare sharply at her, "I got you there, didn't I? Cause you're literally blushing right now, tweed."

I took the pillow beside me and throw it straight to Lauren's face, "You're the most annoying person I've ever met! Remember that!"
....

"I miss her." I blurted out but I know it's already too late to bring it back since Alex had a bunny ears when it comes to things like this. And just like what I expected, Alex's nose is already right in front of my salad.

"You mean, you miss Lauren?" She eagerly asked. I'm about to answer when Alex speak again, "Go ahead and tell her. If you want something then go ask for it."

"It's complicated."

"Life is complicated, Cami! Nothing in life is easy." Alex picked up my book from my lap, "You've been reading this book almost the whole week, right? What did you learn?"

"Taking risk. Trying."

"Exactly! Life is all about taking risk and see the outcome. Heartbreak is inevitable, Cami. It's part of being In love. How will you grow up and be a strong woman if you won't feel any pain at all?"

I didn't speak nor open my mouth to say something.

"Don't settle with Sean because my gay ass-"

"You mean Shawn?"

"Yeah, him. Shawn Mentos. I mean, it's too obvious that you don't feel the same way about him anymore. Tell me straight, do you love him?"

I shook my head firmly. No doubt, no second question about it.

"Who do you love then? Who's the person that your heart scream?"

I gulped before I open my mouth. With my utmost sincerity, I said her name that's been burning my soul ever since. "Lauren."

"What do you feel about her?"

"She...she's everything that I need. Everything that I ever want. I never wanted anything else this much before. I never cared too much before. Until I met her."

"Okay. So are you going to sit there and read this book the whole day, search the crowds hoping that you will see her? Are you going to let Lauren go that easily? Wake up every morning living with your greatest regret of what could have been if you ever tried before?" Alex snatch the book from my lap and eagerly scan through the pages until she found the page I'm always staring at.

"I want it all, and to have it all, you have to risk it all." Alex read out loud the quote I highlighted from the book, "There's a reason why you highlighted this quote. Go, Cami. Take the risk. Grab the chance. Run after Lauren. Catch up to her until she's already in your arms. Hug her tightly. Hug her and never let go."

I close my eyes and took a deep breath and then open my eyes again to meet Alex, "I'll come running back to her." And Alex gave me a proud smile with a nod.