Epilogue

Beaumont opened his eyes slowly to the sun shining brightly across his face. He squinted and shifted to his side in the large bed to evade it. After settling into his new spot, he was startled as he felt a hand running up his side to his rib cage. Adam wrapped his arm over Beaumont's bare chest and pressed himself closer to his back.

Adam kissed Beaumont's neck tenderly and whispered, "Goodmorning, mon beau."

Beaumont giggled softly as he pressed his body into Adam's embrace. He turned his head to Adam and caressed his cheek with a free hand. They smiled at each other and kissed tenderly. In the moment, Adam maneuvered himself so he towered over Beaumont, breaking the kiss.

"Today's the day." He said with a smirk.

Beaumont couldn't help but hide his huge grin, "Wedding day at last." He gushed happily, "I can't believe I survived these last few weeks. The anticipation has been killing me!"

Adam chuckled and looked outside the window to the rising sun. He sighed and turned back to Beaumont, "The wait is finally over, Beaumont." He kissed him softly, "Come on, let's start getting ready."

As he began to move off Beaumont, he felt a tug at the waist of his breeches. He shook his head and scoffed as he looked down at Beaumont who held a devilish grin on his face.

"Beaumont... We need to get ready."

Beaumont traced his finger down Adam's bare chest and giggled. Adam caught his hand and pinned him down against the mattress.

Beaumont pouted, "Oh come on, Adam. Just a couple more minutes."

Adam shook his head disapprovingly before moving to the edge of the bed. Beaumont moaned and buried his face into the pillow, just like a child would when they don't get what they want.

Adam chuckled, "You're ridiculous, you know that?" Beaumont didn't respond, his face still in the pillow. Adam turned to him and gently rubbed his back as he pleaded, "Please, mon beau." Beaumont stayed true to his little protest, completely ignoring Adam.

Adam sighed loudly. Beaumont won this round. He shook his head and sulked, "Fine. You win you bastard. Just a few more minutes, alright?"

Beaumont laughed and turned to Adam, "It's so easy to convince you." He teased as he pulled Adam down on the bed by the shoulder and maneuvered himself on top of him. Adam growled with soft laugh and pulled Beaumont down to him. They locked lips passionately in their embrace.

🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹

Later in the day, Beaumont and Adam were just about finished getting ready for their big day. As custom, the couple must be separated from each other before the ceremony: one in the East Wing and the other in the West Wing. Although the wedding wasn't particularly traditional—them being two men and all—they wanted to keep it as if it was your standard, everyday royal wedding.

With some slight adjustments of course.

Luckily the servants didn't seem to mind having two Kings as their masters, which made this day just as special. It was the first of its kind after all. The servants were very excited, making sure all preparations were made up to par. The ballroom was decorated with fresh flowers that draped over the large marble floor. The outer balcony had several rows of wooden benches back-to-back on the left and right side, leaving a pathway down the center. At the very end of the center aisle was a beautifully decorated arch, surrounded by countless rose buds that left a strong, but underwhelming, aroma.