Chapter 11 // Wingman

Beaumont woke up from one of the best sleeps he's ever had in his life. He stretched his limbs and let out a loud yawn. The soft embrace of the mattress and sheets were tempting, but he got more rest than he needed.

He laughed as he thought, Look where one really good night's rest got me. An enchanted castle that's what.

As he stood up, the sun shining through the window hit his face. He smiled faintly and walked over to the window, pushing the curtains away. Chip was outside playing in the snow as Mrs. Potts stood nearby laughing joyously along with him. The sight made Beaumont chuckle, but his heart sank when he remembered their present situation.

These poor people. Chip, by the looks of it, should be my age. Maybe even older. Now this curse has permanently trapped him as a young boy. Still can't believe it's been this way for ten years.

Beaumont sighed, then moved his focus across the snow-covered plantation. He saw Lumière and Cogsworth standing by the carriage, most likely the one that would take him home. With a shudder, Beaumont looked over at the clock. It was 5:12. He stared at the time dumbfounded for a moment, paralyzed by sudden realization.

Chaos erupted soon after.

Beaumont cursed profusely under his breath, rapidly getting dressed and grabbing his belongings. He scolded himself, "You were given so much you damn fool! Friends, a new life, and you repay all of that by SLEEPING IN!?" He rushed towards the door and burst through, "WHAT AN IDIO—"

Without a moment to react, Beaumont ran right into a big fluffy wall: Adam. He fell back with a thud and stared right up at him, completely drawed into his appearance. Seeing Adam in broad daylight, finally getting the full scope of his appearance, made the current situation feel even more real.

This is actually happening, he thought.

Adam picked him up immediately. His tail was between his legs and his ears folded back as he stammered, "M-my deepest apologies, Beaumont. I was just coming to wake you." He noticed how out of breath Beaumont was, "Are you alright?"

Beaumont laughed at himself, shaking his head, "Yes I'm fine. I should be the one apologizing. I slept in WAY too late."

"It was much needed." He scratched his scruff, "I mean after what you went through last night, it was probably exhausted you beyond compare."

"Don't say it like that, Adam." Beaumont smiled warmly, "I don't regret anything about last night."

Adam lightened up a bit. Hearing his real name being said out loud again made him smile back. "Thank you." He said softly.

They made their way to the lobby and out the main doors to find Lumière and Cogsworth waiting patiently.

"Good evening, Monsieur! I'm guessing you slept very well?" Lumière said excitedly.

Beaumont rubbed his arm and scoffed, "Yeah... a bit too well. Sorry to keep you all waiting."

"No worries!" Cogsworth stepped in jollily, "We have been waiting ten years! A couple extra minutes is noth—"

Adam bowed his head with a soft whimper. Cogsworth's felt so guilty, his heart seemed to transform to stone. He stuttered profusely, "I-I dare s-say the b-b-best ten years of my l-life! Right, Lumière?" He croaked.

"Oh!...um... c'est correct! Très correct!" Both Cogsworth and Lumière laughed nervously seeing their master's mood worsen.

"Please be safe on your trip, Beaumont! Good day!" Cogsworth said this while nodding toward the castle. Both he and Lumière rushed back to the main doors.