writing prompts 3; secrets

You bought a decorative key from a thrift store or craft store, only to find out that that key unlocks the greatest thing /or/ treasure /or/ secret in the world. What is it? How do you find it?

You're a famous performer. One night while you're performing, a strange person holds up a sign that says the secret you've been trying to hide from the beginning of your career. What makes the person weird? What's the secret? What will happen if your band mates or the media find out?

You invented an everyday item that we seemingly harmless, (ie. An icecream machine, a watch, a tv, something most people have) but there is a big secret to it. Once everyone has one, you plan to use this invention to somehow take over the world. How do you do it? What fueled the malicious rage?

You're in a crowded public place and a lady collapses. She dies instantly. The paramedics believe it to be a heart attack, and everybody let's it go. But you know the truth. You caused it. What happened? How did you hide it?

In a world where everybody gets a letter right before they die, everyone on your street gets a letter from an unknown sender except you. When you finally read the letters, you know just who sent them and why. Will you stop the sender from killing everyone, or will you help them out?

Your older brother is doing evil work. You're sure of it. Everywhere he goes, people are acting.... strange... robot-like... when you tell people, they don't look surprised but they don't help you either. Will you be forced to figure it out on your own? Bonus points if you add a giant random plot twist that all makes sense in the end.

Every morning you wake up with bruises and cuts. You have no clue how they got there, and they weren't there before. One night, after you had had enough, you set up a camera. What you saw? The worst thing imaginable. And it only shows up when you sleep. Will you keep this a secret? Is it too shameful? Will anybody believe you? How will you stop it?

You're set to marry someone wonderful. The perfect person for you. But when a powerful secret comes out, you don't know if you can go through with this. How do you decide? Is the perfect person still perfect to you? Will this change the plans you both had for the future? Why?