Something's Not Right!

Start from the beginning

"Morning sleepyhead," he heard himself say. The girl smiled and kissed him, surprising Jack. But it felt right, like they had done this before.

"Is it still raining?" She asked. Jack's heart fluttered again. Yes. This was her. This was the girl, and this was someone important to him... but who?

"Yeah." Jack found himself looking out a window, and as he did so a flash of lightning illuminated the churning world outside. Were they on a boat?

"Mm..." the girl closed her eyes and snuggled up against Jack some more. "At least we have some more time together, Sean." There was that name again...

"I always spend time with you, Piishu," Jack heard himself tease. The girl giggled and looked up into his bright blue eyes.

"Oh? A new nickname?" She asked playfully. Jack smiled as more words tumbled out of his mouth.

"Well yeah, I've been working on it all day!" He proclaimed, sticking his chest out a little. The young woman giggled again.

"You've been going through so many nicknames, and then I only call you Sean," she commented.

"I make names for everything," Jack laughed. Thunder rolled through Jack's memory and made his surroundings rumble, and the girl looked outside and shivered, pressing against Jack for warmth.

"I hope we get back home soon," she said wistfully. "I know you got us tickets for this cruise ship, but this storm sure looks scary."

"It's ok, I'll protect ya!" Jack cooed, hugging the girl. She smiled and nuzzled him.

"I love you Sean." Jack felt himself smile a little more widely.

"I love you too Signe."

Jack stirred against the rock as his eyes tiredly opened, and the first breath he sucked in immediately came out in a groan. Ow... my head is killing me. Jack rubbed the side of his head and slowly looked outside. Beyond his hiding place with a nighttime, but with a full moon everything had gained a haunting illusion.

... Mark... Jack slowly stood up, his body sore and battered as he limped to the crack's entrance and peered outside. Mark was laying down across the arena's floor, on his stomach and unconscious. Shaking, Jack came out of hiding and limped as fast as he could to his buddy, stopping in front of Mark's relaxed face.

"... Mark?" Jack whimpered. He received no response. Worried, Jack hobbled closer and gently nudged Mark's cheek. "Mark.... M-Mark." The giant still didn't wake up. Oh god... is he...? Jack went over to the giant's neck and pressed his hands against his artery, and he put his ear against his warm skin, listening for a moment.

... ba-bump... ba-bump... ba-bump...

He's alive. Jack sighed shakily in relief and slumped against the giant's jawbone, but he was still scared. Why did Mark's eyes go red? Why did he attack him? How come the ringing hurt him?

Jack shivered and pressed behind Mark's jawline, cold under the stone eye of the moon. He was scared, but he wasn't worried about himself as much as he was for Mark. Was he gonna be ok? Would Mark remember him when he woke up?

... Maybe he just needs food! Jack suddenly realized. Mark hadn't had anything to eat in probably forever! Not to mention he had almost eaten Jack, but granted Jack knew that the giant wasn't able to help himself. Jack knew it wasn't Mark's fault for feeling the need to attack him. Rather, if anything Jack felt it was his fault, he should have tried to feed Mark some of those berries, or help him hunt down a dinosaur for some meat, or something!

"Just stay right here Mark." Jack gently patted Mark's cheek. "Mama will be right back! I'm gonna go get you some food," he softly proclaimed. He turn and headed into a large corridor that led into the mountain. Cold without his buddy nearby, Jack wrapped his jacket tightly around his body as he ventured along the cold stone hall.

For a moment, Jack managed to summon the dream he had, with its warmth and that women. What did he call her again? Signe...? It sounded so strange and unique, but lovely and familiar! Jack found himself touching his lips as he recalled the kiss they had as well. Was she his girlfriend, or something even more?

Jack suddenly stopped and looked down at his hands. No ring. Either it was lost at sea or they hadn't taken that next step just yet... Jack hoped it was the latter. She would probably be crushed when she found that not only did he remember nothing about her or his life, but also had lost a ring if he had one. Besides, they seemed perfectly happy just where they were.

Jack decided to worry about that all later and continued walking. What mattered to him at the moment was making sure Mark was ok. He still had so many unanswered questions about this island though, that was for sure.

I fucking hate this place, Jack decided as he explored a sort of cave with grass under his feet. I mean sure, if it wasn't here I would have died, but there's just so much inhumane history here! Like why the hell would Mark be made, only for Jack to find the place completely abandoned? What happened on this island, and why did the Koreans leave?

Something suddenly snapped under Jack's foot, and he looked down before jumping back with a noise of alarm. Jesus fucking hell! I just stepped on a bone! Jack regained his nerves and crouched down, and he dug up the rest of the bone. It was old and yellow, brittle. It had been here for a while...

As Jack looked around him, his horror grew to realize that there were all sorts of bones sticking out of the ground and hidden under grass, and he swallowed nervously.

Oh god, Is this an animal graveyard? Jack stood back up and continued walking, although he watched his step to not crunch on any more bones. Once he passed into another part of the cave, he looked around before noticing a large tree with berry clusters in the corner. But the problem was that it was all the way up on a cliff...

Jack sighed and walked up to the cliffside, and he looked up at the large tree before looking at the wall of soil. He took a deep breath and reached up, and he gripped some vines before hauling himself up and finding a foothold. He began to climb, favoring his good leg as he scaled his way up to the gnarly roots of the tree. As he climbed up onto the tree's base, he felt a warm breeze lightly ruffle his hair... and he stiffened. He stood there for a moment, then silently sucked in a deep breath before slowly turning around.

Stretched across the cliff's grassy platform, was a giant. But not just any giant.

It was Project 53.