Chapter 35

This place was remarkable. So remarkable I was questioning how they managed to stay off the radar for this long. They truly made me question everything. What were they even benifiting from when they kept everyone here?

Why was my mom doing this? It coudln't of been to keep me safe, I was safe. We were both safe. Even before Dad left we were safe.

Stupid Steven, I cursed as I paced in my cell.

I had been there for three days already, and the only people to talk to me have been Lucy and Jones. Hours passed and I wouldln't talk to anyone, as the shifts changed every four hours. I constantly had gaurds outside my cell, some were friendly, some were not, and some were very friendly. So friendly, I was glad for the bars that seperated us.

My hair somehow always found it's way into a ponytail, so that'd how it was as I was taken from my cell. Lucy showed up, and discretely touched my hand in comfort. There was something in her eyes. She couldn't tell me, not with all the gaurds around, but something had happened.

The guards led me down a hallway I had never seen before, and what I saw at the end made my throat close up. I was so shocked, I could barely regiester anything as I started to walk faster towards the cell in front of me.

"Dad?" I croaked.

The man sitting on the ground in the dark, moved a little bit, and I saw the flash of green on his wrist. I fell to my knees in front of his cell. "Dad? Please, Dad?"

My dad moved, and when he finally looked towards me, he gasped. "Mia?"

Tears steady streamed down my face, as I launched myself against the bars, and my dad did the same. We gripped hands, and he started to cry. "How?"

"Mom said you were dead, everyone did. Then she did bad things, moved us out here, and well she obviously got too lonely so she had her last living family member be taken also,"

He started at me, blinking as though he couldn't believe I was actually here. He reached to feel a piece of my hair, and to stroke it comfortably. "My Amelia."

"Mia?" Lucy called out. I flitted my eyes quickly from my dad to her, but chose to ignore her. My dad kept his eyes locked with mine, but I could see the question brimming in his hopeless eyes.

"Since you disappeared, I have gone by Mia. Everyone shoved it down my throat constantly that you were dead, and the police said you just left us.. but I didn't believe them. I knew you were out there somewhere. I just had to find you,"

He brushed my cheek, "And you did- wait." He turned my wrist over and brought it closer to his face. "Why are you a red?"

Lucy popped up at my side. "She's a red, because they deemed her dangerous to this place."

"Why?"

"She has no one that we can use against her, besides you, and we're not allowed to lay a hand on you unless we want to face Silvia's wrath," A deep voice said from behind me.

I slowly turned around, and noticed a man the same age as my parents, standing there. He had his hands in the pockets of his jacket, which probably cost more than  all the items of clothing I had added together.

"Steven."

He dipped his head down, and I noticed he had deep dark brown hair. He smiled at me, as though he knew a secret that should  be obvious to everyone, but everyone was too stupid to figure out. "The infamous Amelia."

I nodded my head once, and stepped away from the cell, though I felt my dad's fingers graze my back, as though he was trying to get me to stay with him.