Chapter 28

I was taken aback once I finished telling Carson what Louis had said, and the plans we had made for the next day.

 I had expected, I don't know, maybe a scowl or a frown, maybe even a "No you're not going," but I was not expecting a grin. An excited grin, for godsakes.

"We get to play detectives again," He cheered, and I suddenly got it. Carson was just excited to be playing around.

 I groaned, "No, I get to play detective, and you get to sit at home, maybe even invite some friends over." I paused, because he looked like he was going to argue. "I wasn't even supposed to tell you, much less bring you. I'm sorry Carson, I would bring you if I could."

 We were sitting at the kitchen table, our homework spread out in front of us. I had done the majority of my homework while waiting for Car to finish his project, but I still had a little left. Carson had all of his to do though.

 "What? Mia, I should get to go. I'm your partner in all this Dad stuff remember?" He replied, setting his pencil down.

 I shook my head, "Louis said I had to be by myself, and I don't want to risk him not telling me anything, because I brought you."

 Carson crossed his arms and scrunched his nose, not saying anything, but unhappiness was clear on his face. I gave him a half smile, and the microwave dinged, alerting us our pizza rolls were done. After grabbing the pizza rolls, and returning to the table, I smiled, satisfied by the smell.

 Carson immediately reached out and grabbed seven or eight pizza rolls. I rolled my eyes at his behavior and he rolled his back at me, shoving his face. Seriously, does he think I was planning on eating all of them?

 "So what are you doing Saturday?" I asked him. It was homecoming, and I knew he had a date hat night, but the dance doesn't even start until 8 so we had pretty much all day beforehand.

"Well, I have to go buy a tie apparently. Other than that? I mean I'll probably just go over to someones house beforehand and chill for awhile." He replied softly, and I nodded. "What about you, sunshine?"

I shrug. "I'll proabably just go hang out with Emma or someone before hand. I already have my dress so I mean I don't have to go shopping."

"You bought that thing months ago right? Are you sure it still fits? I mean, you've put on a couple pounds, and you haven't been eating too well lately.." Carson said, a smirk on his face.

I threw a roll at his face, "Says the kid who just ate 10 pizza rolls in a span of two minutes. Seriously? Where did they go?"

Car gave me a toothy grin and patted his toned stomach. I groaned, and reached for another roll. These things were addictive, but honestly, I should eat healthier. We've ate out for almost more than a month. I need to learn how to cook, or I won't make it through college.

 After our extremely healthy pizza roll dinner, we continued to do our homework. After a little while, we had saved the homework we didn't understand and we helped each other. Carson explained some stuff in trig with some graphing stuff and I quizzed him for the science test we have tomorrow.

After a couple minutes, Carson threw his head down on the table harshly and I winced. "I'm telling you, Mia, we didn't even learn half of this stuff."

 I smiled at him and shook my head, "We've learned all of it, you just didn't pay attention for the first quarter, kid."

Carson scoffed and threw his head up, scowling at me. "Kid? I'm older than you. Don't call me kid."

I rolled my eyes once again. He calls me princess, he can get over kid. "You can borrow my notes, if you want."

WE'RE JUST FRIENDS {C + EDITING}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें