Chapter Two [EDITED]

English class had always been my favorite, and the fact that the teacher was cooler than probably any student only confirmed I would enjoy his class. They were halfway through a book already, so towards the end of class Mr. Richardson had walked back and handed me one of my all time favorite books; The Lord of the Flies.

Technically, it was a book assigned to advanced sophomores, but they said they didn't have any other material for me, and since I had already read it, I wasn't complaining.

"You'll just need to finish it by the end of next month," He told me, sliding me the book contract slip.

I nodded, and smiled, "I've read this before," I replied gesturing to the pages. "Thank you though."

He seemed slightly impressed and I smiled again. "Great start." He replied, with an easy smile.

Chemistry on the other hand, was a completely different story. For one, I hated the subject, two Mrs. Howard was the biggest bitch of the entire century, three, this kid George was assigned to be my partner and was staring at my boobs the entire hour.

Which I didn't understand, I was a proud member of the itty bitty titty committee.

And four, Carson was enrolled in the class.

As soon as he walked in, sighs filled the room. We had some from girls daydreaming about him. Mrs. Howard gave a hefty sigh at having him in her class. And the guys all sighed in defeat. It felt like high school musical.

No doubt, he was attractive, but he was an ass. And not a thicc ass, just an ass. Granted, I've barely had a conversation with the dude, but his vibes alone were enough to make me not want to have another one.

Mrs. Howard gave him a dirty look as he walked in almost three minutes late, but said nothing as he took his seat a couple rows in front of me to the left. The girls sighed again as he took his jacket off, causing the muscles in his back to flex.

Okay, I'll admit, that was pretty hot.

The rest of class was pretty uneventful. Besides my buddy George trying to lean closer and falling out of his chair. He grinned up at me playfully, and I shook my head. A friend was made.

When the bell rang, we were all eager to leave Satan's room, but she crushed our dreams by telling us we had an assembly. No one wanted an assembly, we just wanted to go home.

I followed the masses down to the gym to watch an assembly that truly scared me. The gym teacher was putting a condom on a banana; Safe sex.

"This is like free porn." A voice on my left said to me. I turned to see Jake grinning down at me from a row up. I moved my bag onto my lap, and he slid down into the space.

I shuddered. "There's only a fraction of people that really need to be seeing this, but they're already doing it under the bleachers so I don't think the message is really getting across.."

He snorted and moved a little closer. "So how's your first day going?"

"Okay," I shrug. "Could be worse, I guess."

"Very true."

We watched the assembly in silence before I asked, "So what's the deal with that Carson guy?"

"Well," He grinned. "That Carson guy happens to be my best friend."

I laugh. "No way." I pause. "But you're like a decent person."

He smirks. "So is Carson. You just gotta get through his mean guy walls."

I nod in disbelief, "If you say so,"