Chapter 4 [EDITED]

After we pulled up to school, we had been stopped for an awkward millisecond before I was shifted into Colton's lap, and Carson took off across the parking lot without so much as a goodbye.

I climbed off his lap and sat next to him. "Well, he seems to like me."

"Don't take it to heart," Colton said sweetly. "He has a hard time coming to terms when someone stands up to him."

I let out a snort, and hopped out of the truck, thanking Jake for the ride.

He nodded, a smirk on his face as a leggy blonde walked past. "No problemo."

As we walked into school, Colton said goodbye, but Jake walked with me to class since we had math together first hour.

"So.. you and Colton?" Jake asked me, curious.

I laughed. "We just met like yesterday." I told him honestly. But then I smiled shyly. "But, yes, he's cute."

He smiled. "Atta girl." He nodded towards the classroom. "Sit with me?"

"Who else would I sit with?" I barely knew Jake, Colton, and Carson, but they were about the only friends I had in this place. Or well, at least Jake and Colton were friends.

"Good point." He replied with a smirk.

The class seemed relatively interesting, it would be considered dreadfully boring in my eyes, but Jake was keeping me pretty entertained throughout the period.

When the bell rang, Jake stood up and raised his arms above his head stretching. His black t-shirt rode up, revealing a sliver of tanned skin and the waistband of his boxers.

Swoon.

Oh, sweet baby Jesus.

The class was pretty much empty, save for the blonde that had walked past us earlier and a couple of other random kids. He winked at the blonde, and I rolled my eyes, shaking my head at him as he got her number.

The rest of the morning went the same as yesterday, boring and uneventful. Until it was time for lunch and I realized that I didn't know where I was going to sit, since yesterday the counselor had called me down during lunch to talk to me about things.

I quickly ran down the list of people I would enjoy sitting next to, and looked for the guys, Emma, and Kelly. I immediately saw the guys' table, but it was in the middle of the cafeteria, and it felt odd for me to intrude and sit there.

Thankfully, I spotted Emma a few seconds later sitting at a table a couple places down from the boys'. She was holding hands with a guy, and I realized it was more than likely the boy she had been talking about yesterday.

"Oh, hey Mia!" Emma called as I walked up to her table. "Sit with us!" I smiled gratefully and sat down.

Emma introduced me to everyone. Surprisingly, it was Emma, her boyfriend Thomas, a girl named Sami, and my buddy George. I smiled. "Most of you already know, but I'm Mia."

Sami laughed. "You're the only new kid we've had in quite awhile, everyone knows you."

Sadly, I already knew this. I wish this school was bigger. Everyone knows I'm new and they are waiting for me to slip up.

I soon realized I enjoyed being with this small group of people. Thomas and George didn't talk too much, but Emma and Sami talked enough for both of them. Well, that was until someone started screaming my name from across the cafeteria.

I jolted up in alarm to see Lauren stalking over here, one of her cronies following her.

"Yes, Lauren?" I asked, still stunned on how someone that pretty could be so annoying.

"You're sleeping with my boyfriend?!" Lauren screamed, gathering attention from every single table in the room. Everyone had stopped eating, and I could see Colton get up, only for Carson to grab his arm, shaking his head.

I could feel his eyes on me, he wanted to know what I would do. Of course he did.

I couldn't hold my laugh in on how dramatic this whole situation was. "Really, that is seriously the last thing I would do."

"Fine, then you're sleeping with his brother, you slut." Her gum was snapping, and I itched the back of my head, wondering if this dramatic fresh-out-of-disney-channel-cliché was seriously happening.

  I could feel tons of eyes peering into me, and I rolled my shoulders back, trying to shake off my sudden self awareness.

"I'm not, but why would you think that?" I asked calmly. It was so quiet I was talking normally and I'm pretty sure everyone could hear what I was saying.

"Because you got out of their car this morning." She rolled her eyes. "You only ride with them if you slept with them."

I snorted, "One, it is Jake's truck. Two, it does not. I live next door to Colton and I missed the bus so they offered me a ride. I didn't sleep with any of them, I'm just their friend."

"Yeah, right," She stopped and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Have you seen those three? You aren't just friends with them. Especially if you like you do."

I stood up, my seat flying back as anger coursed through me for the first time. "Damn, you caught me. Guess I should fess up. I fucked your boyfriend, his brother, and his best friend, at the same time. It was wild and crazy and we did it in the back of Jake's truck at 7 am. The whole time I was thinking 'Man, jokes on Lauren, the girl I met yesterday, here I am getting all up in her man-sandwich.'"

A couple tables over, someone started laughing their ass off. I looked over to see Kelly holding her stomach in laughter. She shot me a thumbs up, as Lauren let out a disgusted gasp.

"Listen, you freak, stay away from him. He wouldn't want you if you were the last girl on the planet."

Lauren hissed at me and reached down and picked up my juice. She dumped it all over my shirt. I scowled and feigned sadness. "Damn, you know I was really looking forward to letting your boyfriend get me wet later, but if you wanted to do so yourself now.. Whatever floats your boat."

She let out a frustrated scream and stalked back to her table. I looked over at Kelly to see her smirking at Lauren, and then quickly towards the guys. Carson was already looking dead at me, a small smile on his lips.

~

I didn't mind the orange juice on my shirt until an hour after lunch. It had started to stink and it wasn't helping people move on from the lunch scene.

A couple people gave me sympathetic looks as Lauren knocked my books out of my hands in the hallway, but I just shook my head at how pathetic she was being. I wasn't even sure if she had picked up on my sarcasm about my foursome.

Around sixth hour, I desperately wanted a new shirt, and I was heading towards the office to buy a gym shirt to change into.

However, Carson intercepted me in the hallway and handed me his navy blue crew neck. "That whole thing made me hate you a little less," He smirked at me. "Also, I'll take you up on that offer anytime."

I gratefully grabbed the sweatshirt, and grinned walking backwards towards the girls bathroom. "What, the foursome? Sorry, I'm not into that kind of stuff.. but I'm sure Jake would take you up on it."

He opened his mouth, but just closed it again, rolling his eyes and walking off. I went into the bathroom and slipping my shirt off, replacing it with his sweatshirt. A wave of warmth hit me, meaning he had been wearing it. I very creepily took a large sniff of it, and sighed contently as I realized it smelled very very nice.