chapter 32

I threw the lady escorting me a tedious little smile.

She clenched her teeth together and held on tighter to my arm. Her name was Lucy, and apparently Lucy's job was to wear tight short dresses, put on enough makeup for three faces, and escort prisoners to the big guy's place.

 I walked along like the good little girl I am, and she took me into an all white room, with giant lights, blinding me. Jesus, what is with this place and their freakish lighting?

 Lucy shoved me down lightly into a chair, and stalked across the room. From what I could see, she reached into a dresser that seemed to be built into the wall, and pulled out a pair of dark skin tight pants. She threw them at me, before pulling a white short sleeve shirt off a hanger nearby and throwing that towards me.

I just let them fall towards the ground.

Lucy let out a heavy sigh, "You know, you could make this a lot easier for the both of us, and just cooperate."

I tilted my chin up, and made no effort to move. Obviously, she wasn't going to kill me, so I didn't have to do anything. She walked closer. "Oh, okay, little miss tough? Don't be stupid. You're wearing that stupid little dress, and you know you're not getting out of here any time soon. Do you want to spend the rest of your life in it?"

I quickly looked down at the pile of clothes at my feet. I had to be practical. If I were to get out, it would be a lot easier to do so in pants and a t-shirt. I nodded, and grabbed the clothes.

A relieved look passed over Lucy's face, and suddenly I thought of Louis. He didn't want to be here, didn't want to be a part of this, but he hadn't had a choice. Maybe that's how it also was for her. I decided to play along, just while with her.

I had to get out of her, preferably with my dad, but that doesn't mean I want to destroy everyone I encounter in this godforsaken place. I headed behind a curtained wall, in order to obtain some privacy.

I slowly dropped my dress, and marveled at how the dress, seeming so beautiful and practical just last night, now seemed to be a reminder of how terrible the night turned. I slipped on the tight pants, grateful to have pants on now. The shirt followed and I shook my hair out of the ponytail it was in.

I walked out of the curtained area, only for Lucy to shove a belt through the waistband of the pants. It was a simple outfit, and the shirt was tailored to end precisely where the waistband of the pants stopped, so when I reached my arms up, it rose up to reveal a small strip of skin.

Lucy shuffled over to the wall on the opposite side of the room, and I immediately tried to gather my surroundings as she pressed a button and the wall started shifting. There was a small vanity, with a harsh looking chair propped in front of it.

On the right there was a large mirror that went from the floor halfway up the wall. To the left, there were some racks filled to the brim with shoes. Lucy gestured for me to pick a pair of shoes. She walked back over to the dresser and pulled out a pair of ankle white socks.

I figured if I didn't pick a pair, she would attempt to pick some for me, and I needed to be able to move around fast and easily if I was going to break out. I ran my fingers along the shelves and even let myself have a small smile when I saw a pair of black combat-ish boots.

I grabbed them, and sat down at the vanity in order to put them on. Lucy handed me the socks, and small smile entering her face as she noticed my selection. I slipped the boots on, ignoring her smile, surprised by the thickness of the socks.

These were good clothes, good shoes. Expensive. They wanted us to be comfortable, I thought, they want us to trust them.

I turned around to look in the mirror connected to the vanity. My lip had a small cut on it, and there were slight bags under my eyes. I leaned my hands onto it to peer closer, and I suppose I hit something, because a little compartment popped up, full of beauty related things inside.