Chapter 29

When the boys and I arrived to our hotel room, they dropped their luggage besides their beds before I walked to my conjoined room. I fell back against my bed before looking up at the ceiling. My mind swirling with thoughts and worries about my family. Cotton was back. He was back in our home — if you could call my family mansion that — and the truth was, he was the reason my father was in a coma and Chris' father dead. I didn't know how I could forgive that.

The next morning, we spent the entire day out sightseeing for the boys birthday. It was exactly what they needed to get back to normal.

"Rina! check this out" Chris called from the side of the Charles bridge. He hovered his head over the side of the where he spat and patiently watched as it landed into the water. He shot his head up with excitement, looking into Zac's eyes. "Did you see it?"

I glanced over to Zac who nodded slowly "I saw it" he assured.

"Rina, can you take a picture?" Chris begged, turning his body to face me.

I smiled, walking to the side of the bridge where Chris passed me the camera.

"3...2...1...spit" I count down.

I snapped multiple shots from when the saliva had left his mouth to the point where it had landed into the ocean.

"Did you get it?" Chris grinned in my direction.

I nodded "oh yeah, I got it"

Once it was dark, we went back to the hotel where we ate chocolate cake on the couch to celebrate the boy's birthday.

"This is real good" Zac smiled for what seemed to be the first time on the trip.

"Well boys, I've got one more surprise for you" I announced, placing my plate on to the coffee table.

"What is it?" Chris exclaimed with excitement, clapping his hands together.

"Well, when I visited my dad a few days ago, Sarah Koleawiskis, gave me some home videos" I told them, picking up the remote control.

The boys loved looking through old photos of our family, so I knew that home videos was something that they would enjoy over any i could possibly buy them. After all, what do you buy someone who can have anything they could ever dream of?

"That's so cool" Chris grinned.

"I didn't think that our family had any home videos" Zac admitted.

"Neither did I" I admitted pressing my thumb against the play button on the remote control.

"I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for coming" a man with dark hair said.

"Wow" Zac's eyes widened, "uncle Donny was so young"

"That's not dad" Chris shook his head defensively.

"Of course it is" Zac argued. "He has the same eyes"

I took a closer look at the television, the fuzzy static making it hard to see the man.

"No, he's right" I told Zac, "that's not uncle Donny....I think that's uncle Nate?"

"No way" Zac moved closer to the Tv.

It was definitely him. I have to admit, he was hard to recognize. The man in that video looked so lively in comparison to the man we knew in 2008.

"How have we not seen these before?" Chris asked.

"What year was this?" Zac cocked a brow.

I thought about it for a moment.

"1989" I answered, "the year that I was born"