Time's Comforting Embrace.

Last Time.....

After his rather dramatic exit from the Council Hall, Clockwork flew away from the building and back towards his Lair .

He made it about halfway there before he felt a sea of emotions crash down upon him.

They were Danny's.

Clockwork knew by the fierceness behind each one.

His ward was hurting.

He was angry.

He was confused.

His core was in turmoil.

Clockwork clenched his fists and anger bubbled up inside of him. He cursed the Observants in every language that he knew as he summoned his Time Staff.

Twirling it in his hand, Clockwork summoned a Viewing Mirror that he had made especially for Young Daniel. It was blank at first as it homed in on Danny's exact location. After a few seconds it cleared up to show a area similar to that of a Hospital.

Did Danny injure himself badly enough to be sent to the Hospital? Clockwork asked himself as he frowned in worry. He couldn't jump to conclusions, but that didn't stop the worried tick that echoed from his core. Continuing to watch he saw gray, glowing, stone pass across the mirror before it stopped, resting, on the only other thing in the room besides the window which showed the green space of the GhostZone.

A single, white, bed.

The covers were tucked, snug, around the person's form and Clockwork had to wait until the Mirror moved up to the being's face and what the Master of Time saw would be forever burned into his age, old, mind.

And now we continue.

Enjoy the rest of the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, Danny" Clockwork gazed through the Viewing Mirror at the still form of his charge. "What happened to get you in such a state?".

He knew that his charge couldn't answer because Clockwork wasn't there for him to hear his words. The Time Ghost took in Danny's extremely pale, almost sickly gray, skin and his dull black hair that had seemed to have lost all of it's usually gleam and was now plastered to his forehead and covered one side of his face. A oxygen mask was present, and that worried tick from Clockwork's core was heard, again, to help Danny breath. There was sweat forming on his ward's brow and racing down the side of his head only to drop onto the white blanket that covered him. Clockwork ran a gloved hand down his face and let out a shaky sigh.

Danny. I'm sorry for not coming sooner. Clockwork apologized to the image of his young ward that was on the Mirror. If only I had been faster. Clockwork covered his eyes and bowed his head in shame.

"Clockwork?".

Red eyes looked up from between glove covered fingers and he stared at the being that was floating a few feet away from him. Without uttering a word, Clockwork looked back and forth between the Mirror and the being in confusion. His brows furrowed together and came to rest on top of his eyes in a very Danny-like fashion.

"Daniel?" Clockwork and the younger Halfa stared at each other for a few seconds.

Red stared into Green.

One with confusion and the other in bewilderment. 

Experienced eyes stared into inexperienced eyes.