Actions Speak Louder Than Words...NOT IN THIS SITUATION THEY DON'T!!

"It is our choices, Harry, that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~Albus Dumbledore (J.K.R.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghostwriter glared down at the young ghost that was standing before him. His eyes were narrowed into red slits and his scarf was being blown around in the wind.

Ghostwriter was only two heads taller than Danny with black hair, gray skin, and a wispy goatee. He wore a purple trench coat, black pants, and black boots with a gray scarf and gray undershirt. His eyes normally were green and hidden behind a pair of light, purple, oval shaped glasses, but due to his current anger they were a bright, crimson, red.

"Uh.." ,Danny's eyes darted back and forth to try and figure out what to do in this situation, but nothing came to him, but a low whimper of pain from behind him made it all come crashing back like waves, "Look Ghostwriter, I lied about destroying your book-"

Upon hearing those words the rage Ghostwriter was feeling slowly dwindled until it was nothing, but annoyance now.

"-but it was the only way to get you to come out. Something's wrong with Cleo!!".

Ghostwriter adjusted his glasses on his nose with a gray finger and lowered himself onto the floor. His purple trenchcoat snapped with his quick strides to his student's side making it look more like a purple storm cloud than a old, battered, coat.

Going into a kneel, Ghostwriter peered down at his apprentice with calm, green, eyes, but his eyebrows had furrowed in worry.

" Cleopatra? Can you hear me?" Ghostwriter asked,placing his gloved hand on her forehead.

Cleo's lips parted slightly and she let out a shaky breath.

"Cleo?" Danny moved over to hover at the top of the chair and looked down at his friend's head where sweat started to form above her brow. Worry was clear on his face as he watched the pale hand moved from her forehead down to her cheeks. "Do you know what's wrong with her?".

"She's incredibly warm" Ghostwriter admitted while pulling his hands away. He adjusted his glasses and stood up, "That's.. Unnatural for a Ghost, but not uncommon".

"I thought Ghosts didn't feel hot or cold" Danny looked up his eyes shining in confusion.

"Normally yes" Ghostwriter brushed the hair from Cleo's forehead and frowned, "But it's not unheard of".

Stroking his goatee, the Ghostwriter looked around his Library and held up his hand, which glowed red, and a few books flew off of their shelves and hovered around the Ghost.

Danny watched as the books snapped open and Ghostwriter looked from one book to another with a frown on his face when he wasn't satisfied with what he was reading the pages flipped themselves.

Turning back to Cleo, Danny held out his hand and was surprised when he could feel the heat radiating from her skin even when he, wasn't touching her physically. His hand was hovering above her head as though he was going to do the same thing that his Mom had done when he had been sick.

Taking off his gloves and setting them aside, on the table where Cleo's book still rested, and placing one hand on her forehead and the other on her cheek. Danny had Mastered his Ice Powers a few months prior, so it wasn't a surprise to him when his hands started glowing ice blue. He channeled his powers high enough to bring Cleo's Temperature down, but not too high so that she would freeze from to much contact.

A white, misty, sigh escaped through Danny's mouth when he breathed out and the teen Ghost couldn't help, but think.

(Where's Vlad and Clockwork when I need them?).

*Across The GhostZone With Clockwork At The Council Hall*

The Master of Time felt like hitting his head on the thick material of the desk and groaning in frustration.

This is a complete waste of his Time. Clockwork clenched his fists in a barely controlled anger and let his hood shadow his face.

For Daniel. Clockwork repeated in his head like a mantra. For Danny. For Danny. For my so-Danny. Dear, reader please overlook that last sentence. For my ward. For my charge. For Danny.

"On regards of the halfa, the abomination, Daniel Phantom. It would be better if-".

Clockwork looked up from the desk with only one eye since the other eye was shadowed by his hood.

"-If he was executed by the Council of Observants. So the thing does not reach adulthood and destroy the city of Amity Park". All the Observants chorused as one and those words echoed throughout the Council Room.

Clockwork froze and he felt the Time around them slow down until it stilled to a complete stop.

A new anger formed in the center of Clockwork's core which, at a rapid past, spread to the rest of it.

"You" Clockwork's voice started out soft and smooth as he looked up from the desk to the Observants and rest of the councilmen.

"Do you have something to add, Clockwork?" The Head Observant asked.

"You" Clockwork stood up and slammed his hands on the table. "YOU DARE SPEAK ILL OF HIM!?". His voice came out in a angry shout that shook the entire room.

"NO!" Clockwork glared the Head Observant who was about to speak, and also at every Observant in the room, with blazing, red, eyes instantly shutting their eyeballs. "YOU HAVE SPOKEN YOUR DRIVEL FOR EONS AND I WAS HOLDING MY PEACE, BUT NO LONGER WILL I BE SILENT! YOU HAVE SPOKEN AGAINST THE ONE WHOM I HAVE REMINDED YOU TIME AND TIME AGAIN NOT TO TALK ABOUT AS THOUGH HE WAS THE BRINGER OF THE APOCALYPSE WHILE IN MY PRESENCE! YOU CALLED HIM A THING, A ABOMINATION, AND I WILL STAND BY NO LONGER TO JUST LISTEN TO YOUR CRUEL WORDS! DANIEL PHANTOM ISN'T A THING! HE ISN'T A ABOMINATION! HE IS A YOUNG, SWEET, BRAVE, KIND, BOY WHO DESERVES THE UTMOST RESPECT! NOT THESE WORDS THAT WOULD HAVE HURT IF HE HAD BEEN PRESENT HERE TODAY! NO SUCH WORDS WILL EVER BEFALL HIS EARS! IF I HEAR ONE MORE WORD AGAINST HIM THE CONSEQUENCES WILL BE DIRE AND BELIEVE ME YOU WILL NOT LIKE WHAT I HAVE IN STORE FOR ANYONE WHO TRIES!".

A hushed silence fell over the Council Hall as Clockwork stopped his rant, stepped down from his place, and made his way across the Hall to the doors. He threw them open with force that made them rebound as he walked through them and back into the GhostZone. As the doors shut on the enraged Time Master nobody in the Hall dared to move so much as a inch in fear that he would return and make good of his threat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I enjoyed typing Clockwork's reaction and his speech.

It was probably long overdue anyway.

Nobody messes with Danny and gets away with it especially if Clockwork is in the room!

Take that Observants!

Clockwork isn't going to let you walk all over him anymore!

The Master of Time is back on the chess board!

Who is the Mastermind that is moving the pieces as they like?

Will Vlad find out what's wrong with Danny?

Why is Danny in the Library and what happened to Cleo?

Where did the other Ghosts fly off to?

What knees are they spreading?

And how does Danny for into the center of it all!?

Stay tuned for more!

Comment, vote, and all that good stuff!

Thanks for reading!

~Shadowpelt1028.