CHAPTER 17 - You Win Some You Lose Some

Start from the beginning

Then they grab champagne and talk some more, "So guys, I have an announcement to make." Daniel said. Carlie and Michelle listened intently, "I'm planning to drop out of Parsons  to pursue creative writing/literature at NYU." He said. Carlie and Michelle's eyes widen and jaws dropping, "What?!" Michelle reacted. "Why?!" Carlie reacted. "Well it's only a plan, I haven't worked out the kinks yet." Daniel said. "C'mon Daniel, you can't quit at least not now." Michelle said. "We're almost in our last year of college. It'd be a waste to throw it away and start over." Carlie added. "That is true, you both gave valid concerns. Which is why the solution I came up with is pretty much what i plan to do." Daniel said. "Which is?" Michelle asked. "I want to help India's mom's interior design firm, so yes I can't quit at least not now. After I graduate, I plan to study creative writing/literature to pursue my own dreams." Daniel said.

Carlie and Michelle give him a concerned look, "Has your father allowed you to do that? Since technically you are the heir to the Radisson hotel chain fortune and the successor of your father." Carlie said. Daniel laughs, "Yes, I am technically a few seconds older than my twin sister, Sam but sadly I am not the heir and successor as she is being groomed to take the helm after studying in Yale. And no, my father doesn't know about this plan. I think right now he assumes that I'll be helping out Sam but in all honesty, I don't think I can help her." He said. "Why not?" Carlie asked. "Do you even know who my twin sister is? Samantha Caroline Radisson, doesn't need anybody's help." Daniel replied. "But India needs your help?" Michelle asked. "No, but I love her and I do want to help her out as she doesn't have any experience in our field." He replied. "How about your mom? Does she know?" Carlie asked. Daniel crosses his arms, "Yes, she knows it's my passion and how bad I want to pursue it. Which is why, she's mentoring me right now so one day I can lead her publishing company." He said. "And everything works out in the end." Michelle said. "I just need to face my father head on." Daniel replied. Carlie and Michelle nod, "As long as whatever you plan you make, makes you happy then I'll support you." Carlie said. "You've got my support too." Michelle added. "Thanks guys, it really means a lot." Daniel said.

After that, Carlie rejoins Kevin and supports her man and doesn't leave his side which Kevin appreciated. She also brought in her friends from high places to look at Kevin's work without his knowledge. But Kevin begins to suspect every time Carlie introduces him to her friends which made Kevin a little iffy. So Kevin talks to Carlie, "Hey, I really appreciate you supporting me and inviting your friends for me..." He trailed off seeing Carlie glowing with joy. "But?" She asked knowing full well what Kevin meant. Kevin looks around and then looks at her, "But I don't want to, for lack of a better term, use you in that way to get ahead in life." He said as honestly as he could. Carlie holds his hand, "I understand where you're coming from. But Kev, you're not using me in any way at all. I know you didn't ask me to help our but I genuinely want to help you out. New York is my city, I just happen to know a lot of somebody's and you've got a talent for telling stories with your pictures. So how could I not jump at the opportunity to help out my boyfriend?" She said. Kevin kisses her hand, "And I love you for being so thoughtful but please just tell me next time you do something like this, okay?" He replied. Carlie nods, "Fine." She gave in.

Kevin's photo auction at the gallery was a success, he sold half of the photographs he took and everyone who attended took notice of Kevin's talent.

After the event, Nick threw a mini after-party for Kevin at Walker's Bistro attended by Kevin, Carlie, Justin, Tiffany, Nick, Brooke, Leo, Michelle, Daniel and India. They all have a great time chatting with each other. Then Nick stands up and proposes a toast. He clanks the champagne glass gently calling the attention of everybody at the table, "Here's to Kevin and the success of his event. I wish you nothing but the best, buddy. Cheers!" He said and they all clanked each others glasses. "Speech, speech, speech, speech!" Everyone at the tables cheered. Kevin got all shy and didn't want to do it but they didn't stop saying "Speech." So he stood up and gave a short speech.