𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER THIRTEEN | TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVELYN REMAINED STARING AT THE HORIZON WITH HER BACK PRESSED AGAINST THE FRONT OF HER CAR. After Evelyn had seen Damon and Elena sharing what appeared to be a loving embrace just a short distance away from her, Evelyn and Damon engaged in a heated argument about how the doppelganger quite clearly still had feelings for Damon. The argument was so intense that the pair ended things instead of resolving it like adults. She didn't expect Damon to actually agree with the breakup. She wanted him to fight— but, he just surrendered.

She yanked her phone from her back pocket and saw a number of missed calls. Bonnie, Caroline, Stefan, Matt, and even Damon— He left the most. As well as a few messages, which she deleted before even reading. She watched yet another incoming call from Stefan light up her phone and regrettably answered.

"Eve, where the hell are you?!" The Salvatore almost yelled out of panic and frustration the minute Evelyn answered the call.

"Away from anything Salvatore related. I'm sure you can understand since your brother seems to have shrugged off our entire relationship." Evelyn deadpanned, then rolled her eyes after she mentioned Damon.

"Evelyn, I get it. I really do, but I need you to come home. I've got a situation."

A loud scoff escaped the Austin vampire's lips. "Come home? Oh. You mean the home that your brother lives in. The same brother that I want to be miles and miles away from? Sorry, Stefan, but I think I'll pass."

"Evelyn, don't be stupid. He cares. I mean, he cares so damn much that I think it's the reason he's off the rails." Stefan explained. "He's gone on a killing spree."

"A killing spree?" Evelyn scoffed then rolled her eyes again. "Damon does what Damon wants, and killing spree is his natural instinct. The minute something goes wrong, he kills someone. You of all people should know that. And, to be honest, I don't have the energy to care about that, or him right now."

"You can lie to yourself all you want, Eve, but you know you care about him. You always have and you always will. It's your default setting."

"I can't talk about this right now." The Austin vampire ended the call, jumped up from the front of her car, and got into the driver's seat.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The Austin vampire arranged to meet up with the one person she actually wanted to talk to right now— a certain blonde vampire. Caroline and her perky, positive attitude were exactly what Evelyn Austin needed to feel somewhat better about the situation.

"How are you feeling?" Caroline's eyes glanced up and down Evelyn. Her hair was up in a messy bun placed on top of her head. Her eyes were red from she had obviously been crying, and she was wearing clothes from a few days ago. "Actually, don't answer that. Have you spoken to Damon?"