Chapter 3

Beyonce

Sometimes I wonder if maybe the encounter between me and Shawn was faith, or if it was just a random life moment. It seems weird that I never ran into him like that until after I started having my dreams; I mean I never had a conversation with him before it all started happening. So was this all a plan that no one can explain, or am I reading too much into it? Whatever it is, I really don't mind, I'm just enjoying the moment. Sometimes it sucks because there's no guessing what our future holds; we already know everything that is gonna happen. We try to mix it up a little, but it always ends the same. Funny thing is, I've never dreamed about our engagement or wedding, just before and after those events, maybe that means the real important parts in our life were to still be directed by us. I guess there was no plan for that; it was up to us to make it happen.

"I wonder what Kelly is doing now with her fine self."
I looked to my left and saw Shawn staring off into space. I hit him across the arm and he laughed. "So I guess you are paying attention, I thought I was talking to myself the whole time." 

I didn't even know he was talking earlier, I guess I just tuned in at the Kelly part. That's for me to know and for him to not find out about.

"Of course I was listening." So I told a lie, big deal, he lies to me too. "Hey Shawn, can I ask you a question?" He nodded as we got more comfortable. We have been sitting in his place for about three hours now and truthfully, I was exhausted. I just needed something to keep me awake, and I knew this would be the thing. "Why do you think we met that day at the restaurant? Do you call it faith or just a random run in between us?" I asked.

"Um, I guess I just say it was random. It can't be faith, I've been going there forever and I know you have too, I've seen you there before but I just never said anything."

I laughed at him. "Why did it take you so long to give me that note?" I asked.

"Kuz it just hit me that day about who you were, I mean, I never looked at you in a 'that's a fine girl right there' way, I always thought of you as the stuck up chick in the group." He said laughing. I socked him hard in his chest. "You didn't let me finish!" He said trying to breathe. I kept quiet. "Now I see how wrong I was though, and I'll be the first to admit that I had no right to think that because I didn't even know you."

I nodded my head. "I'm glad you understand, but tell me, were you disappointed when you found out it was me?" I was afraid of his answer to this question, I never was good with rejection and I didn't know what was about to come out of his mouth.

"At first, yeah." I turned in his direction and he had a straight face. I couldn't believe he actually said that! "I realized that it means I would go through a lot of shit. I mean, you can't blame me. I knew the media would get involved, I knew I would have to deal with other niggas trying to fight for what's mine, and I knew I had to fight with my own self to grow up quickly." He took my hand and I looked at him. "I felt like maybe you didn't get the best part of this deal."

I smiled and shook my head. What a cute thing to say, now I forgive him for saying he was disappointed. "Trust me, I never felt like that." I closed my eyes and laid my head on his chest. We still had a while to go, so I was ready for a good sleep.

"Hey, you asked me questions, it's my turn." He said shaking me. I opened my eyes but didn't move.

"I'm listening." I said yawning.

"Remember the dream when we had that big barbeque for Alexis and her birthday? The one where she was turning 13." He said.

I had to think about it for a second, but it came to me. "Yeah, when you fell in the pool at the end." I said laughing.