Chapter 5

Jay

I sat in the car just thinking about what I was gonna say to this girl. This was the weirdest shit I've ever done, but it was also the most rewarding. I think I can really start something with this girl. As soon as my driver pulled up to her place, my hands started sweating.

"We're here Mr. Carter." He said looking back at me.

I nodded and opened my door. "Thank you." I said getting out.

I closed the door and he drove away while I slowly walked up to the entrance. The door man opened the huge glass door and stepped aside to let me in. "Hello Sir." He said.

"Uh, hey there." I said smiling at him. I kept walking inside and was immediately stopped by some security.

"We can't let you go any further without checking in at the front desk." One of the men said holding me back.

"Oh, my bad." I said pushing his hand away from me. I walked to the front desk and an old man came up to me.

"Welcome, how may I help you?" He said. His voice was different than these other people; he seemed to actually be nice. Well, the doorman was nice too, he called me Sir. I haven't been called Sir very often.

"I'm here to see Ms.Knowles." I said smiling. Damn, even her name made me smile.

"Just one moment please." He said picking up the phone. He pushed a number and we both stood there, looking at each other. I just kept nodding my head like an idiot while I waited. Finally, he hung up. "I'm sorry Sir, she's not answering her phone, I don't think she's back yet." He said.

"Is it okay if I wait here?" I asked.

He nodded his head and the security men seemed to all disappear.

"You have a lot of power here, don't you?" I said laughing a little.

"Of course." He said giving me a smile. It's almost as if he was telling me he runs this shit. Can't blame him for smiling, I would smile too if I had that power. Shit, all those people had to obey him. Whoa! The shit I would do with that power! "Hello Ms.Knowles" I turned my head towards the door as she came running in.

"Hey William. Mr. Randall, if a man comes by asking for me, you can send him right up." She yelled, running towards the elevator.

"Well Sir, you can go right up." He said looking at me.

I shook my head and walked over to her. I stood behind her so she wouldn't notice me. When the elevator doors opened, we both stepped in and she looked in my direction.

"Oh my god!" She screamed.

I just laughed at her. "It's nice to see you too, you're looking lovely." I said.

She just smiled at me. "I'm so sorry; my driver got stuck in some bad traffic. How long have you been here?" She asked.

I looked down at my watch. "About an hour." I said.

Her eyes popped open. "I'm so sorry!" She said shaking her head.

"I'm just playing; I just got in before you did. Nice security team you got there." I said sarcastically.

"Well, you'll be amazed at how many people try to get up here." She said cocking her eyebrow.

Hm, challenge? I knew she was more than your average woman, and I guess she was trying to prove it to me. No need for that"

"Well, here we are." She said as the elevator stopped. The doors opened and we stepped out. She took out a key and opened the door.

"Wow, this is nice." I said looking around. They definitely had some style. Funny thing is, I've seen this before.