Chapter 3

Kelly

Four hours into this damn hospital visit and I was ready to go back home. I wanted to just eat something, get my hair done, and go out with my man. Don't tell anyone though, they all think I go shopping for a really long time, but in reality, I go out with him. He's what I like to call my sane factor, he makes everything else around me disappear. Any problems I have, he can take care of them. I love that part about us, we balance each other out.

I looked at my watch again and shook my head. What the hell were they doing in that room, and why the hell are they doing it now? Michelle said they were getting their freak on, but she's always been a dreamer. We know Beyonce won't let him even come close to hitting that for another two months. She has this thing where she swears that if you make your man wait two months, you have less of a risk of getting pregnant the first time you don't use a condom. She said something about if they go through a dry spell, it kills some sperm. You know what I say? Fuck her and her damn sperm story, that's all a bunch of bullshit. She's crazy for even believing some shit like that.

"Excuse me." I looked up and saw Beyonce's doctor looking down at us.

"Yes." Michelle said.

"Well, we seem to be having a hard time waking up Ms. Knowles, we were wondering if we could use your assistance." I looked at Michelle.

"I ain't going." She said shaking her head.

"Fine!" I said getting up. I made my way down to her room and walked in. Sure enough, she was passed out in that bed with drool coming out of her mouth and everything. Shawn was in a chair next to the bed, with his head forward resting on the mattress. Beyonce had one of her hands on top of his head. Maybe Michelle was right, maybe there's a reason they can't get up so easily. I walked over to her bed and looked at the doctor. "This is what we call experience." I said placing my hand over her face. It took a minute, but she finally opened her eyes and started screaming. Shawn's head shot up from the bed as well. "Hey sleepy heads, time to wake up and go to school!" I said smiling at them.

"Security!" Beyonce yelled.

"Ms. Knowles, I'm here to do one last check on you'll be ready to go home." Her doctor said.

"Thank you Jesus!" I said walking out of the room. I walked back to the lobby and saw Noah sitting next to Michelle.

"Hey Kelly." Michelle said looking at me. I knew she needed my help getting rid of him.

"Guess what!" I said pulling her up and to the side.

"What?" She asked.

"We can go home soon, they about to release her." I whispered.

"Oh they gonna release her? That's great!" Noah said coming up to us. We both rolled our eyes.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked turning his way.

"I wanna be here so I can talk to her." He said smiling.

"Well she doesn't want to talk to you." I snapped back.

"Sure she does, I'm her best friend, remember?" He said looking at me.

"Well I don't know what you're gonna talk about. I mean, she's pretty much a boring old woman now. She's got a husband, four kids, and she's pregnant as we speak." I said. I heard Michelle laugh a little next to me.

"What? All that?" He asked looking disgusted.

"Yup, I'm telling you, she's old news now." I said.

"Well, that's cool; I still want to talk to her. I just gotta figure out a way to get her alone." He said walking away. I don't think he wanted Michelle and me to hear the last part, but we did.