Ch 13 - Storm the Tasmanian Demon and Best Friend

"...not to forget just how stupid your decision was. Seriously! What were you thinking?"

"Dearest brother, if you do not shut up, I will shoot you," I barely managed to say since my fiancé was holding me back.

"I'd like to see you try. Now, would the two of you stop acting like mad women so that we can have a civilized conversation?" he asked.

"I'm not going to do anything to her for as long as she does nothing to me," she commented.

"What did you do to my cousin?" I asked her.

"I keep telling you. I did nothing wrong and if you would stop trying to kill me and wait for him to come back, you would know," she responded.

I was about to attempt to launch myself at her again when they returned. "Ellie, she didn't do anything. She actually saved my life."

"Dray!" I said in relief before Xander let me go so that I could go over to hug him.

"Ow," he said laughing, but hugged me back.

"What stupid thing have you gotten yourself into now?" I asked, smacking his arm.

"How are you going to be violent to someone who almost died though? You should be planning a party in honour of my survival," he replied enthusiastically.

"How are you still this much of a moron?" Nick asked what I was silently thinking.

Drayfus beamed at the sight of my brother. "Santa my brother!"

"Call me that again, I dare you," Nick said, glaring at him.

"What does he mean you saved his life?" Xander asked the snake in the room.

"Really? This is how you're going to be after not talking to me for so long?" she instead asked.

"You tried to kill my fiancée and I in the name of something I keep telling you I had nothing to do with, and let's not forget how you almost ended my brotherhood with one of the closest people to me. Do share what warrants you any sympathy or kindness from me?" he asked, fuming.

It was visibly my turn to calm him down.

"When did she try to kill us?"

"You're engaged to that thing?"

Xander had to hold me back once more.

"She tried to kill us a few weeks before prom," he replied to me, ignoring her.

She scoffed. "Prom. Listen to yourself! I don't know what my parents ever saw in you."

"He went to prom yes, but that doesn't make him any less of a good agent idiot," Nick told her.

I mentally high-fived him.

"Right! So you're a very unwanted person right now, so do share how you ended up here with him of all people," Thales told her, indicating to my cousin.

"We both happened to be at the same place at the same time, except I found out that they planned to kill him. Drayfus is a pain in the ass, but he's a smart pain in the ass. Intelligence like his can't be wasted through a simple death, so I risked my life and rescued him. We barely made it out alive, and I'd read somewhere that Coren, or Six rather, attends Harvard, so I came here with Drayfus, only to be attacked just before we got here. I still don't know who attacked us, or why they did, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the devil over there," she said, pointing to me.

"Somebody please tell me this bitch did not just call me the devil," I said, barely keeping it together.

She smirked. "What are you going to do about it?"