Ch 5 - The Smile of The Football Captain

I could hear singing.

I slowly opened my eyes to be met by the bright light coming from the window. I had to shield them as I sat up, realizing that I had the headache of a lifetime. I could still hear the singing, and when I found the source, it was getting ready, seemingly to leave.

"Hey sleepy head. About time you woke up. I was getting worried. Your classes must've really knocked you out," my best friend said.

"What happened?" I mumbled.

"To who? You?" she asked, to which I nodded.

She shrugged. "Can't say I know. I only came back this morning to find you in bed passed out."

"When did I even get here?" I asked.

"Like I said, I have no idea. I only got back this morning," she replied.

"You were here last night," I denied.

"No I wasn't," she said, looking at me funny.

"Yes you were! You were here telling me about your fiancé and I left to confront him and then Carter told me that the asshole is actually my fiancé," I explained.

"You're speaking in riddles sweetie. I wasn't here last night. Carter and I only got back from New York this morning," she informed.

I was highly confused, and this headache wasn't making things any better. Based on what Winter was saying, I'd either dreamt up the whole scenario from last night, or someone was clearly playing games with me.

That's if any of this happened last night to begin with.

"Where are you going?" I settled for asking.

"There's a big game today. Basically everyone will be there and my new friends invited me to come through to the after party as well," she responded before there was a knock at the door.

She went over and opened it before greeting her visitors. "Hey guys! Come on in! This is my best friend Noelle. Elle, this is-"

"Sunny and Bridgette," I interrupted at the sight of the two.

They looked confused. "Uh, yeah, but how did you know that?"

"We met yesterday," I reminded.

"We did? When?" Bridgette asked.

"Your puppy ran up to me and you asked me to be your friend. See, I even have your numbers in my..." I trailed off in disbelief.

Their numbers were nowhere in my phone.

"Sweetie are you ok?" my best friend asked in concern.

"I'm fine!" I snapped.

"You know what, she probably just saw our pictures on the message board outside," Sunny suggested.

Yeah, let's go with that.

"Are you ready to go?" Bridgette asked Winter.

"I am, but do you guys mind if we take Elle with? She clearly needs some fresh air," Winter said.

"I don't want to go anywhere," I refused.

"We're ok with that plan. We'll just be waiting outside," Sunny said before they walked out, leaving me with an upset best friend.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" she asked.

"You people are my problem! I clearly remember what happened yesterday and yet you're all making me feel like none of it happened," I said irritably.