October 7 (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

 "Thank you," Lauren breathed out as she pushed her forehead against Camila's. "Thank you for always knowing what to say and just for being you. I don't regret it either, just in case you wondered."

"I didn't. 

"Good."

"I love you, Lauren Cabello."

"I love you too, Camila Cabello."

---

Dinah: Do you wanna drive to school with me?

Camila: I'm gonna drive with Lauren

Dinah: How is she? How are you?

Camila: We talked, we're okay

Dinah: Good, I'm here if you need me

Dinah: Even though you didn't need me when you got married

Camila: How long are you gonna be salty for?

Dinah: Hey! I reserved the right to be as salty as I want for as long as I want, remember?

Camila: Hmm.. I remember

Dinah: Good! See you later, Chancho!

Camila: See you later, Cheechee!

---

Normani: Hey, Camila told us what happened last night, how you holdin' up?

Lauren: I'm alright, I'm better.. I just needed time to process 

Lauren: Can I ask you something? And I'm pulling the best friend card here and I need you to be honest with me

Normani: Shoot

Lauren: Was Camila mad at me last night when she came to see you guys?

Normani: No. She cried for a long time and then she told us what happened, she was worried about you and she was hurt, but she didn't want you to know because she wanted to be strong for you

Lauren: Oh

Normani: Yeah

Lauren: Thanks

Normani: Anytime, Laur

Normani: I love your crazy ass, you know that

Lauren: I love you too, Mani

---

Ally: How are you feeling this morning?

Camila: Okay

Ally: And Lauren?

Camila: Better

Ally: Let's all meet up for lunch around 12:30? Get your minds off things?

Camila: Sounds good, thanks Allycat. I love you!

Ally: I love you too! Give Lauren a big hug from me and tell her I'll see her in class

---

"Camz?" Lauren asked as she stepped timidly into the bedroom, Camila turning just as she pulled her shirt over her head. "I talked to Mani."

"Oh?" Camila asked, quirking a brow before turning to grab a pair of ripped jeans from her dresser drawer. 

Lauren sighed and moved to sit on the end of the bed, a hand reaching out to grab Camila's wrist, turning her around slowly. "You didn't tell me you cried last night when you spoke to the girls," it wasn't an accusation, it was a statement of wonder and Lauren finished it with a heavy sigh. "I didn't think about you last night or how you were-"

"It's fine."

"It's not though," Lauren said as she pulled Camila down onto her lap. "You were hurt by what happened last night too and I was so busy being wrapped up in my own anger and my own hurt to see that you-"

"Laur? If I needed you, I would have come to you and you would have been there," Camila said honestly. "I just needed to cry, I just needed to cry because my Dad could hardly look at me last night and that hurt, but I know my Dad. He will come around. The hurt I was feeling, was nothing compared to what you were feeling when your Mom took that low blow about your Abuelita and I knew that the minute I looked across the table and you started yelling. Your eyes were so sad and so broken. I needed to cry, so I went to the girls. You needed to process, so you went to your studio. That's fine, we both dealt with it in our own way."

"I still should have been there for you," Lauren argued, shaking her head with disappointment in herself. 

Camila gave a small smile, moving a hand up to tuck a piece of Lauren's hair that had fallen into her eyes behind her ear. "What I needed from you last night, was you not to push me away. For you not to shut me out and you didn't. You took your time and then you came back to me. What I needed was to fall asleep in your arms and know you still loved me and you didn't regret our decision and that's what I got. I went to bed with you wrapped around me and you told me you loved me and I knew, I knew you didn't regret it."

"I still should have been there for you."

"So be there for me tonight, because tonight, I'm going to need you," Camila said as she reached behind Lauren and handed her her unlocked phone. "My Mom and Dad want to see me, just me, tonight before they leave to go back to California."