41. False Self System

Julian

"This is not gonna get sexual, right?" Mika asks looking up at me as we hug each other in the middle of the living room. We must have been standing here for at least 25 minutes. Her eyes are very pretty. I like them. I like her everything, everywhere, everyday. "Cause I really have to go now" she sighs trying to slip away from my grip. I wait for a few more seconds realizing that's the best I can get for now and let go of her.
I put both my hands in the pockets of my jeans with a sigh and feel something unfamiliar in one of them. The fuck's this? Oh.

"I, uhh, I got you this. It's pretty crapish, you know, the design and all, it looks more like his retarded cousin, but I.. I saw it showcased in this shop.." I give her the miniature Mick Jagger I got for her earlier today. She finishes putting her coat on and takes if from my hand, a smile plays on her lips as she observes it closely. "It was actually more like an antique store. That's obviously not an antique.. but, Mick Jagger's really old. So maybe their logic was.. I dunno."

"This is the cutest thing ever!" Her smile spreads all over her face and starts jumping in a Bubble from Powerpuff Girls kind of way. I only know this because I have a toddler. "Oh my god, Julian! I saw this on eBay and they were out of stock!" She keeps jumping towards me and hugs me. Suddenly I'm smiling too, I didn't even notice.

-

"It's been a strange couple of months..." I half smile staring at the interviewer's watch trying to make out the numbers. I'm glad it's not one of the needle watches, why do people still wear them..? Technology is obviously ruining our society hence individuality, trust me, I know, let's not get into that stuff. But if you have a technological improvement which does no harm and has no lack of productivity as an older version, then why the fuck would I use the old one? It genuinly makes zero sense. "Oh, sorry, what did you say?" I ask realizing I zoned out completely thinking about the reasons why I am pro digital watches.

 "Oh, sorry, what did you say?" I ask realizing I zoned out completely thinking about the reasons why I am pro digital watches

"It's okay, yes. I was wondering about The Voidz, did you talk about it with The Strokes,was there an internal announcement from you?"

"I just let them find out I guess.. I mean it's fine but they weren't gonna pat me on the back, you know what I mean?"

"Are they not happy about your new band?" Of course she's digging.

"It's not about being happy, there was a bunch of lyrics, music and shit that I brought to them and they weren't into it, which is fine, but I wanted to use it and try new things, I don't see why that would be a problem? Like I wrote.. things specifically for The Strokes and didn't make the cut when we recorded our last album, so that's the main reason why I gathered new people. And The Voidz are so great, they're an A-Team of musical superninjas, they dig my stuff, I'm really happy and proud about this project to be honest"