Chapter Thirty-Seven.

Start from the beginning

A tap on my back made me turn around, one of Jake's friend, a jock, handing me a folded up piece of paper. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and he pointed at one of the cheerleaders behind him, wearing her uniform just like you are required to every Monday, Friday, and game day. She slightly waved and mouthed "open it", to me so I turned around.

I slowly unfolded the note, reading the words it had written on it.

Did you and Harry break up? -Mac

I picked up my pencil and wrote back to her.

Yeah so I guess Claire can have him now. He's free. -Ella

I passed it back to her and a few minutes later I had it back.

Hell no. I hate her.

I furrowed my eyebrows and wrote "But I thought you two were like best friends" before passing it back again.

And again, I got it back.

No. She's a bitch. I don't hang out with her, only at practice is when I have to be near her. Anyways, back on topic. What happened?

I picked up my pencil once more and and answered her.

Wait how did you know we even broke up?

She replied in seconds but it was longer than the past few.

It was just a good guess. You guys always walk in together and are really happy, but you weren't today. You look just plain sad and Harry looks like he wants to kill everyone in his way. He even punched a locker and got detention for denting it or whatnot.

Really? He gets detention today. Out of all days. I don't want to see him, never again.

I was about to write back but the bell rang and I packed up my stuff, stuffing the note in my bag before leaving the classroom and heading for my next class.

As I sat through math, I almost fell asleep but I forced myself to take notes and pay attention. Class ended and we all departed and I headed for the locker room for PE.

I changed quickly and then walked out, searching for Carter and spotting him in his usual corner. I walked towards him and now it was his turn to cry. I wrapped my arms around him and he looked at me with a slight smile even though stray tears still left his eyes.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" I asked him and he shook his head no.

"I think, I don't think I'm fully gay." He confessed.

"Carter there's nothing wrong with that! You could be bisexual." I told him and his tears slowly stopped as he stood up.

"I've never actually kissed a girl, though," he said and I carefully looked around and spotted Mac, I guess her name was, walking to her and her cheerleading friends. They looked at me in confusion but today I didn't care.

"Hey, Mac. Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked her and she nodded, walking with me to the middle of the gym.

"Hey Ella! What's up? Oh and just letting you know, uh, Claire wants to try to get Harry." She said the last part quieter than the rest.

"I don't care," I lied, "I just wanted to know if you think he's cute," I said, pointing directly to Carter.

"Yeah, duh, he's hot, but isn't he like, gay?" She asked me.

"He doesn't know, actually. That's why I need you to kiss him." I asked of her and she shrugged walking over to him and grabbing his face, kissing his lips.

He just stood there and she pulled away, as I walked over nosily to observe.

"No, Carter. I'm going to teach you how to kiss a girl, okay?" Mac said and he nodded, unable to make words.

"Okay. Now wrap your arms around my waist," she said and he hesitated but moved his arms to her waist.

"No Carter, All the way," she said pulling his hands to her back.

"Now, I'm going to put my hands around your neck and then you lean in and kiss me like you mean it," she told him and he nodded as her arms moves around his neck. He slowly leaned in, putting his lips on hers and they shared a sweet kiss.

As they pulled away, Carter mumbled a "Whoa," and Mac giggled.

"I'll um, see you guys later," she said, skipping away to her friends.

"So.." I broke the silence.

"Definitely not completely gay." Carter said and I smiled.

After PE, we went to lunch and I wasn't hungry. I hadn't eaten since Louis took me to dinner yesterday but I had no appetite at the moment. I walked towards mine and Carter's table but was stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, Louis," I said casually and he smiled down at me.

"Hello love," he said and I slightly smiled at him, "You doing okay?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Have you know, seen him today?" He asked and I shook my head at him. And as if on cue, he walked into the lunchroom alone, his eyes scanning the room and landing on me. I turned away quickly, putting my focus back on Louis and grabbing his hand, pulling him out of the lunchroom.

"What's wrong?" Louis asked confused.

"I can't do it Louis, I saw him and I freaked, I have to sit beside him in Science and then we both got detention, what do I do," I panicked, rambling my words.

"Harry never goes to detention, but if it makes you feel any better, I'll get detention so you won't be alone," he offered and I nodded pathetically.

"Are you sure? I mean Carter will be there-" I started but he cut me off.

"But Carter won't stand up to Harry like I will."

"Thank you so much, Louis, for everything," I said, wrapping my arms around him in an embrace.

"Glad to see you've moved on so quickly," Claire sneered from behind us, her cell phone in her hand.

"Fuck off, Claire," Louis said as I pulled away from the hug.

"Nah, I'd rather fuck Harry," she smirked, winking at Louis before turning around, walking away with a sway of the hips. Louis wrapped his arm around my waist and turned my away from her, leading me the opposite way.

"I'll see you in detention, okay?" He said and I nodded, walking to my locker and taking out my science books, waiting for the bell to ring and I headed to the class I was dreading most for the day.

***************

Ermm...

I'm going to be beginning another book soon. Probably after this one.

Sorry, I know you guys probably hate these.