I...I Think I'm Falling for Her

Start from the beginning

"I'm straight!"

Lauren chuckled, "Yeah, sure." Then Lauren turn her attention at the front door, making me look like a clown at my own words.

"Hey!" With all of my strength, I hold Lauren's arm, turning her around to face me again. "I'm dead serious! I'm straight as hell and don't you ever think that I will fall In love with you just because you kiss me with those soft kissable lips of yours, how you serenade me with my favorite song, how you always save me and how you look at me with those green eyes of yours like I put the stars in the sky because-"

I didn't finish what I'm saying when Lauren cut me off, "Because you are, Camila. Brown eyes were never my favorite until I saw yours. And I know you're probably thinking by now that I've already said that to every girls I've dated with. You're right, I've said that. But the difference is, right now, I mean it. I mean it with my whole heart. And I know that you knew I'm telling the truth."

I gulped more harder. I'm scared at what I'm seeing right now because Lauren's right. I knew she's telling the truth. How? It's her eyes. And all I can see right now is sincerity and I hate it. I hate it how my heart feels so happy and hoping that one day, there will be an us. I hate it because I shouldn't feel this way. I already have Shawn and I don't want to hurt him. I don't.

"Camila, I l-" Lauren didn't finish what she's saying when my phone suddenly rings. Thank fucking god!

"E-excuse me." I started to walk away as quickly as I could, still feeling my heart beating loudly against my chest.

Calm yourself down Camila, calm down. I thought to myself as I slip my hand inside my pocket to get my phone.

It was unknown number calling. At first, I'm hesitating to answer because I don't know who the hell it is. But when I saw that Lauren is still waiting for me at the porch, I decided to just answer it to buy some time.

"Who's this?" I asked, a little breathless.

"Yo, yo, yo!"

I furrowed my eyebrows at the sound of that familiar voice on the other line, "Alex?! Is that you?"

"Thank fucking god you guess it right! It would be so awkward if you didn't."

"How did you get my number??"

"Hi, Mila!" Ally?!
"From Ally. I kinda ask her today since she's having a sleep over at my place today to finish our research."

"Wait! I thought you're..." I glance at the apartment while shaking my head in disbelief, "Nevermind! Dinah tricked me."

"Anyway, I've called to remind you," I'm waiting for the next word she's going to say but I guess Alex purposely leave me hanging in her words.

"What?" I asked impatiently.

"Wag maging marupok, bes!"

I furrowed my eyebrows because I don't understand what does she mean by that, "And what does that even mean???"

"That's...for you to find out, my friend." Alex giggled, "Enjoy your date with Lauren. But remember, wag marupok. Bye!" Then the line cut off.