Chapter 12

Tris P.O.V
MINUTES AFTER HAZE LEAVES THE ROOM
I wake up to the door creaking just to find out that Haze left the room. I followed her outside the room. She went out to the balcony. I didn't wanted to join her as she was so relaxed.

Just then I heard footsteps, I hid behing the couch and saw Gus going to the balcony. I wonder what was going on. As he went out and closed the door I stood with my ear pressed to the door.

They both were talking about something. Then I heard someone clear his throat. I gulped and looked behind, Four was standing with his arms crossed, "What do you think you are doing?" He wasn't angry.

"I was umm........," sometimes I feel really embarrassed infront of everyone due to my curiosity.

"You were eavesdropping," I nodded. "Really Tris, I thought you were curious but not that curious that you could not give someone privacy."

Again I am embarrassed for my curiosity. Why does it happens to me all the time? "Why are you awake?" I said. This time I crossed my arms and looked at him.

No answer.

"I knew it, you are also the same as me." I said.

"Just forget what happened. Are you hungry?"

"Yes I am......".

"What do you want to eat?" He said going towards the kitchen and I followed him.

"Pancakes." I said sitting on the kitchen counter. "Can I help?"

"Yes...hand me the flour." I reached for the cabinet above me and grab a jar full of flour. I opened it and took a fistful flour.

"Hey....Four," he looks at me and I threw the flour in my hand towards him. His face was covered with flour.

"You......." and he chased me through the whole kitchen. After a while he gave up and went back to cooking. I obediently handed him the flour and to my surprise he covered my face with flour.

"We are even now." He said smirking.

In a bowl he added baking powder, salt, sugar and flour. He mixed them all and then said, "I need an egg."

I went towards the fridge and took an egg. "Four! Catch!" Is all I needed to say and I threw it towards him.

He catches it, breaks it and let it go in the bowl. "I also need milk and melted butter."

I took out the butter melted a part of it and handed him the milk and melted butter. He mixed all the ingredients and said, "Place the frying pan on the stove and add oil to it."

"Okay," and I followed his instructions.

Once the oil was hot he poured the batter and the started flipping it. Soon it became golden-ish brown. "Watch this, while I get the plate."

I took the handle and flipped it just like the chefs do in cooking shows. To my dismay it flew in the air, "Four!," and he catches it in the plate.

"You are so clumsy," He says placing the plate in the kitchen counter.

"And I say you take great catches."