The Ritual

Elena, Victoria and Greta are walking in the dark through the forest.

"Where are we going?" Elena asked. "This way" Greta said. "You're Luka's sister, aren't you? I heard about you. He and your father were looking for you" Elena said. "Well, they were wasting their time. I wasn't lost" Greta said. "I'll be right back" Victoria said "Where are you going?" Greta asked. "Do want you need to do. Do not question me" Victoria said face to face to Greta. She walked away. "Don't worry I just feel thirsty. I will be back" Victoria said walking away. Elena trips on a rock. "God, I can't see anything" Elena said. Greta lights fires all around them. Elena sees someone lying on the ground. She rushes over to her. It's Jenna. Victoria hides behind a tree and sees Jenna. She using her vampire speed to move away from them.

"Jenna? Jenna, Jenna! Jenna? Hey, hey, Jenna! Jenna!" Elena cried out as she ran toward her and picked her up. She couldn't find a pulse. "Oh, my God. No. Jenna! No!" Elena said crying. She looks at Greta. "He killed her? Why? I did everything that he asked" Elena said. Jenna wakes up. "She's not dead. She's in transition" Greta answered.

Elena and Jenna are sitting on the ground. Jenna is clutching at her head and asking Elena why she couldn't remember anything.

"Jenna, do you remember...When I told you how someone becomes a vampire?" Elena said. "Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's..." Jenna said as she realizes what has happened. "Oh, god. He killed me" Janna said. "Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me; everything's going to be okay. I'm going to get you out of here" Elena said. "I'm a vampire?" Jenna said. "And I bet you're hungry" Greta said as she approaches them.

Jenna and Elena look up at her from the ground. Elena sees a sharp rock nearby and rushes to grab it, but, with a wave of her hand, Greta sends Elena flying backwards. Elena lands painfully in the dirt. Greta waves her hand again, creating a circle of fire around Elena. Elena stands up and rushes towards the flames, but finds that she can't escape. "Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do" Greta said. "Greta...Please, just- just let her go" Elena pleaded.

Greta slices her wrist open with the sharp rock. Blood drips from her wound. Jenna looks at it, hungrily.
"Klaus chose her" Greta said. "No" Elena said. Greta lowers her wrist towards Jenna. "Drink it" Greta said. "Jenna, don't!" Elena yelled. "I can't" Jenna said unable to resist. "Let her go. Hey!" Elena said as Jenna continues to stare at Greta's bloody wrist and finally sinks her teeth in.

"No! No" Elena said as her eyes glisten with tears. Jenna closes her eyes as the warm blood enters her mouth. After a few moments, Greta pulls his wrist out of Jenna's grip and Jenna falls to the ground. "That's enough" Greta said as she stands up. "Jenna. It's going to be okay" Elena tries to convince Jenna. Greta flicks her wrist and another circle of fire surrounds Jenna. Jenna retreats from the flames, looking terrified. "Look at me. Hey, look at me" Elena said. Jenna turns her head towards Elena, blood still running down her chin. "It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay" Elena convinces her. Jenna silently says "no" as the dark veins of hunger creep towards her eyes.

Back at the Old Witch House Jeremy and Bonnie are down in the basement, still flipping through the pages of old grimoires.

"This is useless. All these grimoires. There has to be something in here to keep Elena from becoming a vampire" Jeremy said. "And we'll keep looking. Until the last minute" Bonnie said determined.

Outside, Elijah, Alaric, and Stefan arrive and walk across the yard towards the house.

"The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelgänger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become hybrid" Elijah said. "So when do we attack?" Alaric asked. "Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when Bonnie comes in" Elijah said. "And you're sure Bonnie will survive this?" Stefan asked. "If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself" Elijah said. Victoria joins them. Stefan's phone rings. He answers it and walks away from them. "Good acting brother" Victoria said walking towards them. "The plan is going through?" Elijah asked. Victoria looked at Alaric and let out a sigh. "Why are you here sister?" Elijah asked. "We might have a problem" Victoria said.