The Salvatore Brothers

While driving she thought about the day she met Damon.

1950

Victoria walked into the New Orleans bar and caught sight of a gentleman whom she knew was a vampire and was waiting for someone.She sat close enough to him so that she could eavesdrop on the conversation.Just as she expected she seen her best friend walking in an army uniform with a blonde haired girl.She knew her name.Lexi.He had told her about Lexi and what she did for him.She appreciated Lexi for her efforts.She was happy that Lexi was there for him.She met Lexi once.It was brief.But Victoria knew everything about her.She was a good person indeed and she was grateful to Lexi for keeping Stefan in check.

Lexi and Stefan walk through the door.The bar is filled with uniformed military men."I'm sorry, I blamed you for my bloodlust and for me becoming a ripper. It wasn't your fault." He looks over his shoulder. "Do I really have to say it wasn't his fault, Lexi?" Stefan said."Yes, keep going" Lexi said coming up in front. "You're the only brother I have and I hope that we can be friends again" Stefan said.Victoria listened in on this conversation and chuckled hearing Stefan rehearse his speech."Perfect. Now, just remember we're here to talk to Damon, not to yell, not to drudge up the past and most definitely not to pick a fight" Lexi said sternly. "That's the real trick, isn't it?" Stefan said."You've spent the last twenty years turning your life around. It's time to make nice with your brother" Lexi said looking towards Damon's direction.

Stefan and Lexi turn their heads and find Damon sitting at the bar dressed in a suit. Stefan goes to talk to him. Damon is bobbing his head to the music and Stefan gives him a light slap on the back. Damon turns, surprised to see that it's Stefan.

"You look like a guy I used to know" Damon said getting up."Hello, Damon" Stefan said with a smile."Come to put a stake in my heart?" Damon asked tapping his chest. "More like bury the hatchet" Stefan said.

He holds his hand out for Damon to shake and Damon looks at his hand for a moment. Damon looks at his brother and they give a small smile to each other. Damon shakes his brother's hand and the two hug. Stefan sees Victoria at the corner of his eye.He turned and smiled at her.Victoria nods and motions for him to continue and that she will meet him later.He nods and turns his attention to Damon.

After some time Lexi, Stefan and Damon are all sitting at the bar. Stefan is telling Damon some of his war stories. "Egypt, ha! Finally gonna get to see the pyramids" Damon said. "Oh, I doubt I'll be doing much sightseeing. Driving an ambulance through the front lines, but yeah, yeah, Egypt." Stefan said smiling."Think they have room for another driver?" Damon asked. Stefan seemed a bit surprised by what Damon is saying. "I could handle some war, if it meant spending quality time with my little brother" Damon continued. Lexi takes a shot of her drink, not happy at Damon's words.Victoria smiles at the efforts of Damon."Tell you what, I'll talk to my CO" Stefan said.He then takes a swig of his drink and gets up."I'm gonna get us another round" Stefan says and walks off and waves the bartender over. Lexi stands up and leans in close to Damon."You're not going" Lexi said sternl."I don't like you" Damon said sarcastically. "In 1912, you pressured Stefan to drink human blood. He's been trying to put his ripper days behind him, but he needs to see death and blood and deal with them as part of life. He needs balance, restraint" Lexi said."What makes you think I'm not balanced and restrained?" Damon asked "The fact that you never have been. You think of what you want, first, second and third. Stefan is better off alone than in your company" Lexi backfired."Well, I beg to differ" Damon said and Stefan walks up and Lexi puts on a smile.]

"To the Salvatores in Eygpt!" Stefan says and then he and Damon clink glasses and say "Cheers", he and Lexi then do the same. Lexi drinks and stares at Damon while doing so and he glances at her. Charlotte then walks up, with a victim in her arms."Damon" Charlotte called out. Damon looks alarmed and Stefan looks at Charlotte. "Did you forget you were supposed to meet us for dinner?" Charlotte asked."Sorry, I lost track of time" Damon said. "I brought you leftovers" She says and lets Damon see the victim's neck, which is smeared with blood that is pouring down her neck."Charlotte!" Damon yells at her.He looks around to see if anyone has taken notice. Charlotte then hands off the lady to Stefan and the blood gets on his hand. Damon takes the lady from Stefan's arms."Get away from him!" Lexi yells."Stefan!" Damon calls put to his brother.Stefan stares at his bloodly fingers."Stefan" Damon call out again.